Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I saw that while I was sifting through the pump stuff, and was gonna post it but I had to go to work. It's odd, cuz people who spend $150+ for a pump marker are usually pretty serious about paintball. You usually don't see guys with phantoms that don't know what they're doing. Or maybe he has lived in a hole for 25 years and still doesn't know about paintball masks.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Says he hasn't played for years...If it was long enough than he might have the mask from back when people were wearing shop goggles. Then again, it also says it comes with paint. I'd hate to have paint that's that old.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was from the shop goggle days. Why did I say phantom?? :shrug: Man I was out of it yesterday. Anyways if he's got paint with it I doubt that he hasn't played since the advent of dedicated paintball masks.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
^^^ yeah tito has a point, it can take a low powered bullet if i recall. Still it is not safe b/c it could slip off or mess up, plus its not made 4 pb.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
From the idea of it being able to take a hit, it's fine. It's at least as capable as a paintball lens if not more.

The problem with it is if it got hit from the side of extreme below it would still hit the face. Paintball masks seal around the eye area really tight. This clearly does not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I saw one of t3h swat masks used on some *fear factor or related show* they were "westen dueling" one guy got gogged like 4 times and the lens didnt even move...i guess if your going to "duel" it would be ok but otherwise you could take one to the side and lose an eye...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously, a horrid scenario would be "Hey man, I think I saw some guy to your right!"

"Huh? Where? (looks)"
WHAP WHAP! to the left side of the face!
"MY EYES!!!!!!!!!"
"Oh man... sorry, I meant left... Uhhh... U okay?"

Should I like, report this or soemthing?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Naw...If it really bothers you I would use the ask seller a question thing and ask him to note that it isn't a paintball mask. I don't see reporting it though, I don't see it saying that the mask should be used anywhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok it just kind of disturbed me a little because I can see some poor kid gettin his eye blown out cause of this... Then, if its in my state, goodbye paintball...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts