Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that these 21" barrels and such are pointless, and i hear that anything over 14" is not worth it. As a forestball player is a good 16" barrel worth it? for the same price i can get the 14 or 16 inch progressive barrel. what should i get?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
No less than 12in., and no more than 16in., should be good for just about any player.

I don't know. I'd probably suggest the 14in. to poke your way through all of the brush, and to still keep it pretty easy to move around. But it really doesn't matter since these 3 barrel lengths all perform the same, and one isn't too much longer than the next.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dont get the Progressive just get a 14" J&J Ceramic.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you're playing in the woods get a 14" it wont be too long. 16" are good for pushing back bunkers when you play airball, but wouldnt do much but get you stuck in the woods. 14 should be fine for you.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
18 is too long, in my opinion 16 is also too long. But anything under 7 or 8 is too short.

·
Registered
313 Posts
just get a 14 inch for now it is the "in the middle" size, but 16s or 18s are good too.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have used a backmans gun, I forget what it was, with an 18" Ultralite. I liked it. On the stand-ups it was easy to push the bunkers. But anyway, I have a 14" J&J Ceramic and have played woodsball with it. I like it alot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am actually considering a 9 Inch barrel. I sort of like having a shorter gun. Makes it much more manuverable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you haven't noticed, there are A LOT of different opinions in this thread. That's because it's mostly about preference. However, if you are worried about effeciency, each gun can perform most effeciently some where between 10-14in. You will probably see most people with a 12 inch barrel. However, longer barrels (16-18in) can help you by using it to push bunkers aside, poke through brush, etc. I say get a 16 in.

-Jon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts