1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the plan:

1)Find people to tutor in math.
2)Tutor them in math.
3) (Optional)They are a hot girl and we have the secks.
4)Profit.

I am hoping that people have ideas on how to execute number one. I am currently figuring out the best way to make it seem like a 17 (18?) year can tutor well. And I know my math. I already tutor some kids, but for free. I'm cool like that.

I doubt this will happen before the start of next school year, for obvious reasons.

EDIT:

For clarification:

Number 3 was a joke. 1/2/4 are what I'm really talking about.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
and by hot girl you mean a 10 year old girl whos in pre-algebra? :D

just find stupid people in your math class and ask them if they need a tutor, or ask your stupid friends

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
if you want to give online tutoring a shot...i could be your first test subject...

D

·
0 Posts
set up something in the school
thats what some one did here.. tutors sign up.. then tutees come and get matched up..

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
128shot said:
if you want to give online tutoring a shot...i could be your first test subject...
I would if i had any sort of program to do it with beyond just Instant Messenger.

I am starting the process of making flyers for the library and such, thanks Derek, number one n00b, and dhill

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
i;ll find a tutoring software then...i'm in desperate need of help.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well, the chess/math connection isn't that big BZ. It can help calculation skills and other small assorted things in math, but it doesn't make you a math wiz....

Chess don't judge intelligence :p as you could see by some post i make....

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
1. Talk to all the math teachers and tell them what you are doing and ask them to announce it to their classes.
2. Go to the classes, introduce yourself and tell them what you are doing.
4. Profit?

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
You will probably have difficulty finding people your own age to tutor, because it would be a bit embarrassing probably. Get your name out at local middle schools, get it on their school announcements or bulletin board or something. I'm doing a degree in education and constanly receive emails from the faculty telling me about people who need tutors, so get your name out at a local university so they can contact you if someone needs help.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'll PM you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm actually a math tutor, and have been doing it since my junior year in high school. Just make flyers and ads and stuff....people should come to you that way.

Oh and also, if your school has those after-school tutoring things in the library, volunteer to be one. You'll get paid minimum wage, but it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts