Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so...im gonna put the hose in the new ASA that came on my drop forward. butt it's freakin hard to take it out from the old one. how the butt do i get it out? i need to know soon cuz im going this saturday. should i just put it in a vice grip or somethin?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
so u are trying to take out the old hose ???

...if so push the ring at the end of the fitting in the opposite direction of the way u are pulling it out. then pull out the hose

* push in, pull out*

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Its steel braided line.

You have to take unbolt the ASA part from the grip (two screws) and then take the hose off of it. It may be loctited, in which case you can heat it with a flame or heat gun to decompose the loctite.

I don't remember having that much of a problem with mine when I took it off, but its been a while.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I took a really stubborn ASA off a Model 98 a few days ago. Turns out some paint and moisture had gotten in the threading of the screws causing some buildup and rust.

I put a few drops of WD40 on the screws, allowed them to sit for a while, and then torqued them out with a hex key. When using the hex key, make sure to insert the small end of the key into the screw so you can use the larger end to get more leverage.

-Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome...i got it off. i just held the old ASA with pliers and then the hose with a wrence and just forced it to unscrew...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
use a wrench to get it off and you can get more levereage by leaving the ASA attached to the bottom of the grip until you loosen the steel braided hose, then remove the ASA from the grip. I know you have already achieved this Im just putting that out there for others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts