Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a regular old Double Trigger for my Tippmann 98 Custom and I was told I should be able to walk it pretty easily. So I bought it and I have found it is pretty hard to walk the trigger, almost impossible. Also I just recently saw somewhere on these forums that in order to be able to walk a regular old double trigger for the 98 custom you need to do something with the spring. What is it that i need to do with it,how can I make it easier to walk without buying a response/e trigger? If someone could answer some of my questions I will be very thankful.thumup:

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
I know what you're talking about, and without an E-trigger or some kind of spring mod it is going to be nearly impossible to walk it, since it'll still be mech. Look into the pen spring mod (I think that's what it's called?) which I think is what makes it easier to pull the trigger and whatnot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm ok thanks for the quick reply, and yeah I remeber them saying something about a pen spring mod. Can this mod harm your gun in any way, and how hard is it to install.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It shouldn't harm it, and the easiness of the mod depends on the modder, it shouldn't be to hard though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Remove your trigger frame and delete your return spring -- you should have plenty of play to walk the trigger now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the help guys. Now I just need to find the right size spring and all that. Also if I remeber right I saw a tutorial on it somewhere on these forums, so I will have to look around. But if any of you know where I can find one please post the link here, but no biggy, I am sure I can find it on my own. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
it's for the electronic frame, not the mechanical frame.
but I encourage you to check out otterccustoms.com , it's chalk full of interesting ideas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok well I have the pen spring mod in and to tell you the truth it doesnt make much of a difference once the gun is cocked... It still is just as hard to pull.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts