24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good way to improve my 98c?
All i've got so far is 12" cp Barrel.

Also, what does a expansion chamber do?

·
Registered
591 Posts
an expansion chamber lets the co2 expand before you shoot it. Don't get both a regulator and expansion chamber they do about the same thing. this will improve consistincy and I think with that it will be easier to hit your target.

I think thats right

wow I helped someone:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im trying to basically *get* as good of a marker as I can.

- Would it make more sense just to but a new one, i.e 04 Autococker? Or, should I spend $ on upgrading my 98c?
- How good is an 04 Autococker? (Accuracy, rate of fire etc...)
- How hard is it too install an double trigger on an 98c?
- How hard is it too maintain an 04 Autococker?
- How upgradable is an 04 Autococker?

Sorry Im asking so many questions, im über noob

:p

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
-yes, i think buying a cocker would be a very smart move. much more customizable and can be upgraded to a medium or high end gun.

-it is VERY easy to instal a new trigger. u practically drop it in.

-maintaining a cocker is more difficult than a 98c. basically, if its not broken, dont fix it. they are complicated, and once it is set properly, dont mess with it, unless u know what ur doin.

-autocockers are the most upgradable gun u can get. new frames, pnuematics, internals, anything really. you could even change the body.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the difference between an Autococker marker, and a non-Autococker marker? Does an Auto responce trigger make the marker and Autococker? How hard is it to install an Auto responce trigger?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill try to explain my dilema. I already own a 98c, and all I have for it is a 12" CP Barrel. I really enjoy playing, so I'm looking to improve my firepower. I have enough money to buy a marker of up to $500, or upgrade my 98c alot.

Most people say to get an "04 cocker" does this mean a 2004 Worrgames Autococker? It just seems so much more complex, i'de be worried it would break...

Can somone explain in detail the benifits of a Marker being an Autococker?

Also, is there some website I can learn how to navigate the insides of a marker?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
ummm this belongs in the tippmann section

otherwise you will get ppl saying stuff about gettin an autococker and stuff

i would get a drop foreward or a remote line, an electronic hopper, and if ur rich enough and E-grip

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
dont get the e grip, and dont get the cocker. ur a little to new to be getting in to advanced guns and upgradeds, the double trigger drops right in with no problem, the xchamber is a good upgrade if ur running co2, for the fire power i would say the RT trigger, its not really that hard to put in just take your time, and for an easy mod to lightin ur trigger alot is just to take out the trigger set spring, its the small one, bye the were the trigger guard goes in right abone the trigger

though if u want a nice new gun i would say the dragun tes what be perfect for u, its electronic, and its a blowback makeing it easy to take care of

·
Registered
68 Posts
PoorBass said:
Whats the difference between an Autococker marker, and a non-Autococker marker? Does an Auto responce trigger make the marker and Autococker? How hard is it to install an Auto responce trigger?
A response trigger does not make your gun an autococker.
This is what an autococker is:

Grungydan said:
An autococker is essentially a pump marker that has been modified to pump itself. It's a closed bolt operation marker. This means that the bolt is in the forward position and is stationary at the moment the paintball is fired. (As opposed to an open bolt marker, in which the bolt starts in the open position, then upon firing pushes the paintball into position and fires.)

The firing sequence of an autococker works like this:
1. The bolt is closed and the paintball is sitting in the breech.
2. Trigger pull starts. This releases the sear, allowing the hammer to strike the valve which fires the paintball.
3. (Continue pulling trigger) The 3-way actuates the ram, which re-cocks the marker and opens the bolt so that the next paintball can drop in.
4. Release the trigger. This causes the 3-way to actuate in the opposite direction, closing the bolt and positioning the next paintball in the breech.
I would say if you have the money to get a cocker get it. Just dont mess with it and if you think something is wrong, take it to a proshop. But if you do get an Autococker, you pretty much have to dish out the $$$ to get a HPA bottle so you dont ruin your gun.

·
Registered
520 Posts
trigger mod,double trigger,rt,electroic hopper,expansion chamber,drop/rail,on/off asa

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
SEFishy said:
dont get the e grip, and dont get the cocker.

yes.

but dont upgrade ur tippy, you wont notice that much of a difference.

dont get a cocker, ur too new to the sprot to understand it, and yes, we mean a worr games cocker.

ok, now. buy a decent nitro tank, a new electro hopper, and ur set for now. once you learn more about the sport, u can get a new gun, and transfer the tank and hopper to your next gun.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
As a newer player, you should NOT get a Cocker. Its consider "cool", but your Tippmann will shoot faster, and is much easier to maintain. It does not offer any real advantage beyond a status symbol.

Your Tippmann is a pretty great gun for a newb. Its very durable, and forgiving. Insecure people will bash them, but thats only because they are so common.
Keep in mind, there are PROFESSIONAL teams that use Tippmanns, so its completely possible to squeeze any degree of performance you want.

But at the very least, get a good hopper. That is the single more important upgrade. A revvie is good, but go with an Evo or even a Halo if you can afford it.

If you want to fire faster, get an RT trigger. They work really great, and don't require batteries. The E-bolt and E-grip do use batteries, and are rather expensive, but both work very well.

Then, spend some money on a COMFORTABLE MASK, and pack. They 2 things are usually put off till later, but poor equipment can really effect your game.

Then later I'd worry about your airsource, regs, drops, barrels, etc.

Nick

·
Registered
35 Posts
e-grip=a-5----------e-bolt=98c
e-grip and 98c dont mix

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
PoorBass said:
any semi auto gun is considered an "auto-cocker" because it automatically cocks the bolt after each shot. the autococker people are suggesting you buy is a WGP Autococker, which is a specific gun.

·
not really named bob...
2,369 Posts
id say to get all the stuff that you can switch over to an autococker(HPA tank, e-hopper, ect..) and some basic tippy ups(double trigger and drop forward) and than, by the time you save up enough money for the cocker itself youll have learned enough to actually use/mantain one.
Also, look for a pro-shop that has a warranty, will do the timing for you, and will show you how to do matnience when you get the gun
the key to it is, before you get the cocker read everything you can on the subject, a good place to start is the forums(the cocker forum specifically) since the other websites(like otter's) dont explain some of the more rudimentary terms and techniques.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts