Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been reading a lot of history books lately, mainly over Xenophon, Aristotle, and Alexander the Great.

I recently got a very interesting over the history of Russia, from the beginning of written time to now. Despite how informative this book is, it leaves out one giant detail. Why are the people of Russia white?

The first natives were from china. The south of the USSR (now like 15 different countries) are almost all from Chinese decent.

Nobles from Europe who were white came but they didn´t populate all of Russia. In order to have that large of a population, they must have had a huge number of people from somewhere come during the early years (peter the great is white and he is recognized as the first Tsar of the Russian Empire).

Anyone know (I figured that Spudchucker would know this)

BTW im using the word "white" because russians aren´t caucasian

But isnt it crazy that a people that look almost the same as you and I speak a language that is completely different and have almost no connection with each other (you dont have any russian friends, neither do I)

D

·
0 Posts
most of the asian descendants were those living in the steppe lands.. above there, into siberia and the taiga. there were natives.. much like scandanavians.

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I met a guy from kyzakistan(sp) and I thought he was chinese until I heard him speak.

D

·
0 Posts
http://www.russianfolk.com/html/russiancossacks.html

even though peter the great was the first tsar, russian was around for a long time before that..

when you apply the whole concept of the eurasian triangle.. russians would be in similar climatic and geographic conditions as europeans... so whatever made them white woulda made russians white

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
russia is the land of harsh winters, not harsh summers. therefore, the people living there dont need to be tan, they need to be white so they can absorb the most vitamin d from the sun when there is so little of it out there

that's my theory anyway

D

·
0 Posts
Spudchucker said:
russia is the land of harsh winters, not harsh summers. therefore, the people living there dont need to be tan, they need to be white so they can absorb the most vitamin d from the sun when there is so little of it out there

that's my theory anyway
this makes sense in europe mostly.. but not in other regions.. eskimos and inuits live in incredibly frigid and harsh conditions, they're dark skinned. Along with sherpas and those living in the Himalayas

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
when the serbs, scandinavians, and cossaks moved into russia they pushed all then mongolians to the west and eventually out. in western russia there are still a lot of oriental looking people, as well as in the ****(ier) areas.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
D_Smalls said:
this makes sense in europe mostly.. but not in other regions.. eskimos and inuits live in incredibly frigid and harsh conditions, they're dark skinned. Along with sherpas and those living in the Himalayas
eskimos are dark skinned because the sun reflects off the huge amount of ice and snow, and is actually quite powerful as a result. infact, eskimos invented the first sunglasses to help combat the brightness all around them. i assume the same would be the case with sherpas and himalayians

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D_Smalls said:
http://www.russianfolk.com/html/russiancossacks.html

even though peter the great was the first tsar, russian was around for a long time before that..

when you apply the whole concept of the eurasian triangle.. russians would be in similar climatic and geographic conditions as europeans... so whatever made them white woulda made russians white
Yes I know this of course but on the cover of my book is peter the great and he is as white as can be so thats why I used him. There were many empires that rose and fell in russia many hundreds of years before peter

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
They were made white so they could camoflauge in the snow during WWII.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts