Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a stock mini and I want to improve the distance that I can reach out and touch some one. What are the best methods of improving my range?

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
you cant, since there is set velocities that means your range is the same as everyone else. a paintball leaving barrel A at 285fps is going to go the same distance as a paintball leaving barrel B at 285fps. its just physics. you can help accuracy however with a better barrel and most importantly by shooting better paint. so while you and your opponent may have the same range if you have better accuracy that will help you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I do that already. I was watching the PSP tournament and it seems that they are launching paint clear across the field. And my mini doesnt get that kind of range so I was wondering if there was something I could do or change. I know velocity is a big part of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@Trbo - Is the barrel that comes on the Azodin Blitz a backspin barrel, and is the J&J? if not, how do you know, and can you link me to one?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
A backspin barrel such as the tippmann flatline do increase range but at the cost of getting a 'hit' You have to use very high grade paint with a flatline if you want to be able to have the paintball actually break when it hits the person out at such extreme range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts