Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kazza, Napster, Bear Share, Lime Wire, ect?? I use to use Lime Wire till it took up too much space now I usually watch videos at Launch.com and download music at my cousins house and watch Uranium on Fuse. Sometimes I buy cds but not nearly as much as I use to.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Kirkysboy said:
Kazza, Napster, Bear Share, Lime Wire
Those are all gnutilla-based sharing programs, which I highly recommend against using. If you must download music, Newsgroups or IRC are much better alternatives that are not only safer for you, but also carry an exponentially larger file base.

I do not condone nor condemn the download of music, but as a neutral party I felt like you needed to be informed. :)

How do you get your music?........
My answer to that is going to remain, "I go to wal mart and buy the CD, supporting the band that I'm listening to"

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I use Kazaa Lite and download a song now and then. Every month or so (usually longer) I'll burn a mix. I usually buy CD's though and I never burn a bands whole CD off Kazaa. I won't download more than probably 5 songs by a band, and if I like them, I buy the CD so I don't download any more.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I used to use kazaa lite but i dont dl anymore. I have almost every song i want. I buy a lot of cds now. Theres always one or two songs i still want, so i go to dogpile.com and search for the song. I've found a lot of good stuff.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use WinMX. I only dl music to listen to while im on computer or see if I like a certain band enough to buy their cd. Other than that Im against burning music to cd's, unless you own the cds that the songs are on.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TonyD246 said:
Also www.mp3.com and www.hxcmp3.com are good, esspecially for underground bands that are even too unknown for Kazaa.
I'll have to check those out, but Lime Wire has a pretty broad search. I basically just make mixes, I think I have only done 1-2 full cd downloads. But like some of you are saying, DL a few and see what its like or DL the ones you know you like off an album instead of paying $10-20 for a few songs that you'll like. Ive been introduced to many bands by DL a few songs of thiers. Its usually the bands that arent really ever played on the radio or TV and now they some of my favorite bands.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
You download a few, and usually if they have more than 2 or 3 good songs, they're a good band and you'll enjoy the whole CD. If they have 1 or 2 good and then like the 3rd is bad, just get the good ones because the CD won't be worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kazaa, limewire, and maby bearshare are all illigal

if ur not paying for it, i think its illigal

on the other hand, you pay 10$ a month for napster and its totally legal

dont get pissed at me or anything i may be wrong

·
Registered
416 Posts
i use morpheus. I used to use limewire but it has crap loads of spyware.

And isnt it legal as long as you do not share?

·
Registered
22 Posts
some songs on kazaa lite

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the past few months i've downloaded over 500 songs off of Imesh. Hendrix, Metallica, Tool, Iron Maiden, all that stuff. I listened to em off cds before but i wanted them on the computer to make myself some backup cds, and so that I didnt have to use a cd everytime I wanted to play a song.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts