Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can it go around 20 bps? how fast can it go exactly?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it tournament legal or is there a way to lock it to make it tournament legal?And would it be worth it to get a spyder and put this in? And lastly what other guns can take this product? Could an ion?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I don't think it would fair well in the Ion since it would need to control the solenoid valve instead of just the sear tipping, but I have no experience in that.

It's true semi in it's normal form, so that's legal.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
there are other boards besides the tboard... i think the tadao or something just came out for the ion. the ion would be way better then a spyder imagine with tbaord, if thats what youre asking

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, who i dont see how he could've gotten that in semi, he must have super snappy fingers. no i dont think having 2 trigger sears is tournament legal.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
caveman787 said:
wow, who i dont see how he could've gotten that in semi, he must have super snappy fingers. no i dont think having 2 trigger sears is tournament legal.
1 sear, 2 switches

·
Registered
130 Posts
And yet, it remains tournament legal.

caveman - I don't think that you'd be satified with the t-board. You can shoot just as fast with the Rocking trigger, (I have one) and they are much simpler to operate than the t-board/eyes. T-boards have certain settings and require much more maintinence than just pressing two buttons on the Rocking Trigger. If you never think that you are going to go over 25-29 Bps, get the Rocking trigger. It's just a better way to get what you want in my opinio. Sure, eyes are good, but if you have a good hopper and a good bolt, you arent going to have to worry about it. I have a Halo B, and an Kingman Anti-Chop System bolt, and I haven't had a chop since I bought it. Despite what people say. The Rocking trigger is better in my opinion, it shoots just as fast, and if you have the ups of a hopper and a bolt, then it just as well prevents chops as the eyes do. Also, you can get a Rocking trigger on discountpaintball.com for $119.00, so don't believe people who tell you it will cost three times as much as the t-board, because that's just not true.

Hope this helps you out caveman.

- Junkie

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Spyder-Junkie said:

caveman - I don't think that you'd be satified with the t-board. You can shoot just as fast with the Rocking trigger, (I have one) and they are much simpler to operate than the t-board/eyes. T-boards have certain settings and require much more maintinence than just pressing two buttons on the Rocking Trigger. If you never think that you are going to go over 25-29 Bps, get the Rocking trigger. It's just a better way to get what you want in my opinio. Sure, eyes are good, but if you have a good hopper and a good bolt, you arent going to have to worry about it. I have a Halo B, and an Kingman Anti-Chop System bolt, and I haven't had a chop since I bought it. Despite what people say. The Rocking trigger is better in my opinion, it shoots just as fast, and if you have the ups of a hopper and a bolt, then it just as well prevents chops as the eyes do. Also, you can get a Rocking trigger on discountpaintball.com for $119.00, so don't believe people who tell you it will cost three times as much as the t-board, because that's just not true.

- Junkie
No links plz :tup

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
1 sear, 2 switches
I'm pretty sure it's 1 sear, 1 switch. The trigger just pivots around the same one switch..

Dual-Microswitches are generally ilegal i believe

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Okay, u guys are thinking of 2 switches beinging illegal like the 408 mode, where one switch hits another switch basically resulting in 2 shots for each pull. A rocking frame simply rocks the trigger to contact the top, then the bottom switch, it takes a full pull to get it to move to the next switch. As such, it is NPPL legal, b/c it obeys the 1 pull = 1 shot rule.

The t-board is now uncapped i think. But once had a cap of 36bps. Either way a spyder can still cycle faster, the problem results in feeding the balls in at those speeds. Which is where eyes and a damn quick loader come in handy. The t-board is not complex to work, hell u just drop it in, reconnect everything and u can go. U don't even need eyes to run it. Stock t-board is semi only, but is very quick. I'm sure some ppl have lowered their debounce to go a little faster.

The ion t-board will have it's own noid. Dameon has worked it all out.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Spyder-Junkie said:

caveman - I don't think that you'd be satified with the t-board. You can shoot just as fast with the Rocking trigger, (I have one) and they are much simpler to operate than the t-board/eyes.T-boards have certain settings and require much more maintinence than just pressing two buttons on the Rocking Trigger.
T board would probably require more work for installation but would pay off in the end.

There is NOTHING GREAT ABOUT THE ROCKING TRIGGER FRAME. Only thing it could do is make each pull count. But anyone can do that anyway on a normal trigger frame.
If you never think that you are going to go over 25-29 Bps, get the Rocking trigger.
Omg, that's so slow. Anyone can go over 25 legally. My single trigger tippman gets at least 28.

Seriously I want to see you get over 20 bps legally.
It's just a better way to get what you want in my opinio. Sure, eyes are good, but if you have a good hopper and a good bolt, you arent going to have to worry about it.
And if you have eyes. You don't need to waste money on a bolt. Nor worry about chopping. I'd be more worried about depending on my bolt to reduce chops then eyes.
I have a Halo B, and an Kingman Anti-Chop System bolt, and I haven't had a chop since I bought it. Despite what people say. The Rocking trigger is better in my opinion, it shoots just as fast, and if you have the ups of a hopper and a bolt, then it just as well prevents chops as the eyes do.
Little repetitive I'd say.
Also, you can get a Rocking trigger on discountpaintball.com for $119.00, so don't believe people who tell you it will cost three times as much as the t-board, because that's just not true.
It only costs twice as much :rolleyes: Plus getting your anti chop bolt. Which equals around 160 dollars or so. T board costs 60-70 dollars with eyes. I can see the better deal.

- Junkie

·
Registered
130 Posts
25-29 bps is slow? God...what planet are you from? I doubt your tippmann gets 28 bps...honestly..that's unheard of, especially with how heavy the trigger pull is on those. You can't even get that fast with those Firestorm cranks you can buy for them.

Eyes don't equal no breaks at all. My friend has eyes on his gun (which he cleans every night) and he still has had at least 5 breaks with it. So you can't tell me that it absolutely reduces it to an absolute 0. And neither does the Rocking Trigger with the ACS bolt. But what I'm saying is that. In the past 5 months that I've had both, I've had no chops with it. I'm not saying that they won't occur, but I think that they will occur with eyes also, and it's a much greater pain in the ass if you have to worry about cleaning an eye with precaution, instead of running a squeegey through the Spyder boyd after removing the bolt.

My guess is, that if he has the money to buy either a t-board with eyes, or a Rocking trigger (which has 4 different modes, and the t-board only has semi, unless you buy the chip that allows you to get it which is what, $25 more?) He probably has enough to spend another $40-45 on a decent bolt.

And no...I'm not repetative...I'm simply stating my opinion to influence him. Do not tlak down to me. I'm not the ten year old kid who knows nothing that you slaughter at the field. I know what I'm tlaking about and the Rockign Trigger and a bolt will do the same thing that the eyes will, with less hassle.

Point made, the rocking trigger is good...so quit putting it down.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Spyder-Junkie said:
25-29 bps is slow? God...what planet are you from? I doubt your tippmann gets 28 bps...honestly..that's unheard of, especially with how heavy the trigger pull is on those. You can't even get that fast with those Firestorm cranks you can buy for them.
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=sarcasm&x=0&y=0

Eyes don't equal no breaks at all. My friend has eyes on his gun (which he cleans every night) and he still has had at least 5 breaks with it. So you can't tell me that it absolutely reduces it to an absolute 0.
Then he doesn't have them set up right or is doing something wrong. Nothing can garuntee no chops, but with eyes set up correctly and proper use by the owner that percentage should be incredibly low.
And neither does the Rocking Trigger with the ACS bolt. But what I'm saying is that. In the past 5 months that I've had both, I've had no chops with it. I'm not saying that they won't occur, but I think that they will occur with eyes also, and it's a much greater pain in the ass if you have to worry about cleaning an eye with precaution, instead of running a squeegey through the Spyder boyd after removing the bolt.
See above
My guess is, that if he has the money to buy either a t-board with eyes, or a Rocking trigger (which has 4 different modes, and the t-board only has semi, unless you buy the chip that allows you to get it which is what, $25 more?) He probably has enough to spend another $40-45 on a decent bolt.
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY MODES YOU CAN GET WITH YOUR ROCKING TRIGGER. YOU CAN ONLY USE SEMI LEGALLY. Also bolt's are one of the most wasteful upgrade for a spyder.
And no...I'm not repetative...I'm simply stating my opinion to influence him. Do not tlak down to me. I'm not the ten year old kid who knows nothing that you slaughter at the field.
So far your wealth of knowledge has not impressed me sir.
I know what I'm tlaking about and the Rockign Trigger and a bolt will do the same thing that the eyes will, with less hassle.
You are right about less hassle. Putting in a new board isn't for everyone. But you could pay someone to do all that for about 30 dollars and get eyes drilled for your body too.
Point made, the rocking trigger is good...so quit putting it down.
Point made, fruity pebbles kick ass for breakfest.

·
Registered
409 Posts
[--ACS Bolt vs Eyes--]

ACS BOlt, when working correctly, compresses on the ball instead of breaking it. This is sort of a brute force way of doing things. It's much simplier to install, and probly easier to clean.

Eyes, when working correctly, prevents the firing cycle from ever starting. This is the preferred method (obviously, look at every other gun in the market). Maybe a few more bucks than a ACS, but worth it if you have the technical & mechanical know how.

I've heard mixed stories with acs bolts about them still chopping. Test it good and make sure it works. Eyes should be positioned right. Eye just installed mine (hehe pun) and ripped on a gravity hopper, no chops.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts