Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we have elementary school.. that is juniour kindergardern to grade 8, so a total of 10 years.. then we have highschool 9-12 (used to have OAC but thats gun) so now its only 4 years...

and in elementary we have one teacher except we have a french teacher that comes in and every day or whatever (we used to have 6 day cycles which would divide the comp lab and stuff.. then we went to a 5 day cycle then a 2 day cycle.. and then in grade 7 and 8 we would have different teachers for science history and geography.. to get us used to highschool concept i guess...

then in high school we have 2 semsters.. in each semester we have 4 classes.. half way through the year we have exams and then we start the second semestar and get all new classes..

in order to pass high school we need a minimun of 30 credits (passed courses) and some are mantitory others we can choose...

how is everything set up at your schools?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hmmmm i sit at home and do whatever work im givin 10th grade im in but your school sounds harsh smalls lots of work:(

·
Registered
259 Posts
AzNRiCeOwNz said:
Pre school. 1 yr.

elementary school. K-5.

middle school. 6-8.

high school 9-12.
Same here but our pre schools aren't part of the district...they are private.

·
Registered
53 Posts
AzNRiCeOwNz said:
Pre school. 1 yr.

elementary school. K-5.

middle school. 6-8.

high school 9-12.
same here

In high school we have 2 semsters, each semster is broken down into 2 quarters. Each quarter is about 6 weeks. Each day we have 8 class hours which arent even full hours there about 48 min.
We dont have exams like you do. Every once and a while our teachers give out tests. Most of the time not on the same day.
Here we need 25 or 27 credits, im not sure witch, to pass high school.

·
Gone Forever
1,547 Posts
AzNRiCeOwNz said:
Pre school. 1 yr.

elementary school. K-5.

middle school. 6-8.

high school 9-12.
Same as that. The only difference from yours, D_Smalls is that we have 2 semesters, with 4 marking periods in each semester. We have 7 hours in a day, and each class segment is 54 minutes.

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
We ave 3 elimentary schools, k-4

1 MiddleSchool, 5-6

1 Jr. High School , 7-8

1 High School, 9-10

1 Sr.High School, 11-12

I can't even find my away around the Jr.High. I don't think the drunk who built it can eather!

~KidPaintball~

·
Registered
30 Posts
when i was in school we had block schedualling. all 8 classes on monday if you where going to carear center. i had afternoon career center so i had 4 classes monday morning, 2 classes tuseday morning, and so on. but they seperated the class days like even classes where on tuseday & thursday, and odds where wensday & Friday. then i had Career center every day. Its sounds hard at first but its easy to adjust, because you had the extra day to do home work. so it worked out good.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
chasep15 said:
Same here but our pre schools aren't part of the district...they are private.
that's what I have. In elementary school we have 1 teacher who teaches us every day, except once a day we have "specials" where we have gym or art. Also, once a week, we went to the computer room and were forced to practice our typing. (Now they have laptops that go to the rooms, but I'm not there anymore) In middle school, we have 9 periods a day, including lunch, with all different teachers. In high school, we have 9 periods, with a choice of lunch as an elective, with all different teachers.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
yeah, for about half of the periods, you take electives, anything from computer programming to criminal justice, and one of the electives is lunch. If you don't take lunch, you can to another course for credits.

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Here, Its goes

Preschool
Kindergarten - Grade 8
Grade 9-13 (oac)

You have 2 semesters.....4 classes each semsester.....

Each class lasts just under 2 hours. 2 classes in the morning. We have 5 minute classe rotation time in between classes. We have an hour and a half lunch period....could be two hours.....

Then we have the two remaining classes.

At the end of the semster we have an "THE" exam for each class.

After a week of exams we switch semsesters then we have 4 new classes. We do the same.

At the end of your high shcool time you need at least 30 Credits to graduate.... For most classes its 1 credit for each class you pass....some its differernt

You also need 40 community hours to get your diploma....

Yep....Its alot simplar then it sounds

Also each week we rotate the two classes in the morning and the afternoon...

So week 1 i would have MM, Math, LUNCH, Geo, His
Then week 2 i would have Math, MM, LUNCH, His, Geo

·
Banned
546 Posts
Elementary-Kindegraten-6
Junoir High 7-8
High school 9-12.

In JH an HS we have 4 periods a day. An 1 1/2 hour periods. We have 8 periods total and once a month we got to an Advisory, which is where we would go to get, like, important news or papers. We are split up into 4 quarters and 2 semesters. At the end of each semester we have big Exams. Each quarter is 9 weeks long.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Nursery-school 1 or 2 years optional....Private

In the elementry school:
Pre-school 1 year
Kindergarten 1 year
Grades 1-4

Central 5:
Grade 5

Middle school:
Grades 6-8