Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting the RT, i already have the 14in tear drop, double triggger, expansion chamber, and a drop forward and i was wondering how fast the RT shot before i got it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thx for the info guys i think ill get one, is there any other upgrades i should think about getting for my gun?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well since you have an expansion chamber HPA isn't as necessary but I would consider getting it. I'm too poor to afford it but if you can get an HP tank, go for it. Otherwise, don't worry about too many upgrades for a tippy, just play.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well it isn't in oz's like co2 is. The sizes are in cubic inches. Like 47 ci or 68 ci. Then along with the ci measurement there is a psi measurement such as 4500 psi. But, most HPA tanks start at $80. Those are the steel tanks. They start at 80 and can go up to 300 or more. They maybe be expensive but are worth it in the long run. I am going to get a 68 ci 4500 psi fiberwrapped tank which will cost about 200. So, they're expensive but tippy's don't really need one as much as higher end guns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PaintBalla 98 C said:
Well it isn't in oz's like co2 is. The sizes are in cubic inches. Like 47 ci or 68 ci. Then along with the ci measurement there is a psi measurement such as 4500 psi. But, most HPA tanks start at $80. Those are the steel tanks. They start at 80 and can go up to 300 or more. They maybe be expensive but are worth it in the long run. I am going to get a 68 ci 4500 psi fiberwrapped tank which will cost about 200. So, they're expensive but tippy's don't really need one as much as higher end guns.

HPA tanks are definatly worth it in speed ball it allows you to have you tank directly on your gun with out the worry of freezing other wise a co2 tank and a remote for woods ball works just fine

but be carful because i just recently put a RT on my tippman 98c and I didn't buy a remote now evert time i try to unload the tube for the RT and the Cyclone feeder freeze it sucks lol :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
if you know where to look, you can find an r/t used for $40...maybe on the b/s/t of this forum or on pbnation. dont blow $80 just to buy retail

an r/t isn't really something that seems it can be screwed up easily or worn down if it's used....I bought mine used for about $35 and all I had to do was lube it up w/ the same lube I use on the rest of my marker, and that was 6 months ago and it's still working perfectly...

also look for the tank used....be careful, ask around if you need help, good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts