Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Notice the appearance of the "Assault Weapon" as a shock factor?

What idiot would have like 60 guns on them? One .45 with strategicly placed mags can be more effective then one "scary assault weapon" with a high cap mag.

God, sometimes I feel like I could do such a good job shooting up a school, then I realize how gay I sounded.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Yeah but what they are forgetting is their is no way hed even be able to walk into the school with that. You'd notice that from a mile away. He couldnt even bend his leg to walk with the shotgun.

...still a scary thought though.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I go to a school with a dress code, I don't think it would help any. We had more problems with dress code stuff then anything else. Maybe if they would concentrate less on dress code and more on other stuff there would be less problems. Belive me, if someone wants to get a gun into a school it isn't that hard to do, I don't care where you go. Kids are smarter then most people think, once they know the routine and where checks are tight and lax they will know what they can get through and where. If administrators knew half of what I know about my school they would be shocked. I figured out freshman year that keys are useless as any interior door can be opened with a small piece of metal, and the exterior doors are easily picked because of all the master keying that was done, and there are certain ways in that are always accesable. Plus having a set of keys and knowing one of the 50 alarm codes means I personally could get anywhere. ;0 ;)

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
what makes that video weird is...

#1 - why did the kid have an old 2 shot pistol from the civil war area (hje pulls it our near bigging, but i can't remeber name of it)

#2 - why have a full sized shotgun? i'd personaly saw the barrel down. lol

#3 - i'd just take the uzi and a few magazines

#4 - Where did they get all those guns

#5 - that skool must be in the ghetto

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
That kid by the way has about 50 or so lbs worth of firepower on him. The shotgun alone is quite heavy and would have slowed him down quite a bit. Firearms, even of the polymer skinned variety, are substantial in weight. There is no way he could move very far with all that. I don't know for sure, but i'm guessing the video was meant to show possible hiding places and add a little shock value. Like I said though, as long as a person has a buddy willing to help it wouldn't be to difficult to get a .50 Caliber Browning into most schools undetected. There really is no way to stop someone from shooting up a school if they want too. If you walk in the door with a shotgun there arn't to many people that would try to stop you from walking in, even a cop chances are only has a pistol so the kid would have the upper hand. The only thing you can really do is deter someone from just having a gun on them for personal protection or from going after a small number of specific people. Even that is only detered because it is annoying to get the gun in, which basically just stops the lazy or less determined people. Probibly the best way to stop the carrying of firearms is random hallway searches as this is both a deterant and effective means of locating firearms students have on them, however most people have a real problem with that. I guess it is a win/lose type scenario for school security, they have to make it look like they are taking action, even though it does very little.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
what if we allowed every student to carry a weapon, so if some guy came barging in with a shotgun, he'd be quite outnumbered.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts