Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Do you know what your going to do when you grow up?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know what your going to do when you grow up? For the last 6 years (7-12 grade) I have always been asked in stuff for school what I was going to do when I grow up. And I have never known until just recently. Back in the day, I wanted to be a forensic scientist, then I moved to a genetic engineer like my uncle does( try's to find cures for aid's etc...). Then a few months ago I decided to still be a genetic engineer, except working with viruses or biological warfare. (Which is still a possible option)

But the one im leaning for now, is what im really liking. And it would mean 3-4 years less in college. Im thinking about going into education. Which open's up alot of thing's for me. Since my brother is getting a minor in business, were going to eventually start a pb shop(the closest one is 2 hrs away, over 50 ppl play in my area). And i have a few other secret business's i would start. Such as a teenage only club. And also, coaching football. Im 18 and already an assistant coach for a grade school, so hopefully I can be an assistant coach for HS were I would teach at. And my brother is going to be a physical therapist, so he would be our PT.

tl;dr- think ive finally decided what im going to do with my life.

So the question is, Do you know what your going to do when you grow up?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean.... my brother has switched major's 3-4 times. First a doctor of some sort, then pharmacy, then something else, now a PT.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Well, professional baseball is my #1, but it's beginning to seem very unlikely when considering my performance lately in school.

However, I look towards paintball for a career in the future. There's literally so many thing I could do and always be around paintball, it's awesome. Shop/field owner/employee; airsmith; gun tech; work for a paintball company; product designer; professional paintballer; etc. I really want to get a job for the love of it, not the paycheck. And with a lot of these options, I don't have to goto college for.

·
Registered
986 Posts
dude your not even in college yet dont sweat it. for your first year of college take some gen classes in areas you are interested and go from there. i have switched majors once but before i went to college every week i wanted to do something else "when i grew up". just take your time and make sure you are making the right choice.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Electrical Engineering/Architecture/Civil Engineering/Industrial Design

Something with math and science, along those lines.

EDIT: and maybe some minor gunsmithing on the side

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
I know I need college but I want to end up in the military. Whether that means enlisting right out of school and further my education during my service or going to college and enrolling in ROTC then entering as an officer.

·
Registered
986 Posts
big_balla89 said:
I know I need college but I want to end up in the military. Whether that means enlisting right out of school and further my education during my service or going to college and enrolling in ROTC then entering as an officer.
i'd go ROTC personally but hey best of luck you in that path

·
Registered
449 Posts
I thought I had it all planned out but sometimes things don't work out like you planned. I figured I was going to come back from Basic and AIT, go to college, graduate in 2 years, and get a good job.

Now, I only went for a 2 semesters and I'm leaving for Maryland on Thursday for 3 months, for Army generator mechanic school. So, when I get back I'll prolly just to get a good local job to hold me over till next year when I get deployed. Sucks.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
im currently a double major in finance and economics with a minor in math. im in a 5 yr masters program aswell. im gonna be here for 5 yrs so might as well take a few grad classes and get it all done at once. i hope to work in the stock market when i graduate. i have a internship with financial assisting for a small firm out of pittsburgh this summer but im not gonna do it, i want to just kick it one last time.

im still considering law school, but i dont think im gonna do it. i enjoy my majors. i started off in electrical engineering. i got good grades, i was just bored as hell and i didnt want to stick with it. chances are 75% of you will change your majors atleast once

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm in college, taking classes and have no idea what I want to do. Nor do I want to know what I want to do. I'm going to get a degree in something, join the military, do that for as short as possible, then go back to school and get more degree's, possible a doctorate in something.

Life's a journey as well as an adventure, why lock yourself into one set course? You dont want to shoot through life on a straight path, you have to meander around and find what you truly want to do.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Chris Kringle said:
I'm in college, taking classes and have no idea what I want to do. Nor do I want to know what I want to do. I'm going to get a degree in something, join the military, do that for as short as possible, then go back to school and get more degree's, possible a doctorate in something.

Life's a journey as well as an adventure, why lock yourself into one set course? You dont want to shoot through life on a straight path, you have to meander around and find what you truly want to do.
dude, thats such a waste of time and money. get a degree in engineering, its gonna be a lot of work and suck, but u can literly do ANYTHING with a degree in engineering. it will save you a ton of cash and give u a leg up.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
the army. and after im out go into politics...

MCCOLE FOR PRESIDENT :tup

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you a multi-millionaire? Didnt think so, but maybe you can be a Mayor?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Live Sound Engineer/Audio Engineering

·
12,110 Posts
I laugh violently at peopel who watch csi and say they want to be a forensic scientist, etc etc.

I want to serve in the military. Right now I'm not sure if I want to do reserves or active duty right away. I'm really thinking of doing the reserves things through college (where I'll major in history & education).

After college, it depends on how I feel. I'll have a degree behind me in case I decide I want to move to florida and try my luck as a teacher (& maybe I can still be a ref if paintball is still popular a few years down the line)... OR, I could just go into active duty, try and make sergeant, and serve maybe another 4-6 years.

I'm getting my ASVAB scores tomorrow, so we'll see what I can do in the military. I know I aced the mechanical and shop sections, and I've always been interested in small arms repair (gunsmithing).

My ideal professions (military, teaching) aren't high paying far our "I love my job" kind of careers. If I die with a dollar in my pocket, thats one more dollar I need.

I truely believe the ultimate way to "enlightenment" and all that meaning of life BS is to just drop everything, look at the big picture, and do things to benefit the group. Thats what I admire and aspireto become ateacher and/or military servicemen.

·
12,110 Posts
big_balla89 said:
Sorry for the double post (lounge posts dont count, so screw).. But I'm in the same boat. Getting a degree while active duty is hard (so I hear). You can get it online or something, but I dont think that comes close to going to classes and getting lectured by professors who are experts in their field...

Do reserves.. You get the side pay and all the military benefits, plus a sign in bonus (whatever it is), PLUS you get the GI bill, and on top of all that, its just two weeks a year and one weekend a month.

Of course, you get the chance of being called up for a tour or something, but I think its worth hte risk (if you want to even clal it a risk. I dont)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts