Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right- so
I have this early 60's tube amp produced by Magnatone through estey electronics.
It's a combo amp with Vibrato, Reverb, and a/b inputs, each with a high gain/low gain channel.

It says 117v 60w on it, but it doesn't seem loud enough to be a sixty watt valve amp.

anyway, how much do you think this is worth? On the largest Magnatone website, it's unlisted ((they have a user-provided amp database, as Magnatone didn't keep many records evidedntly...)) and the site credits magnatone for manufacturing dozens of unlisted models.

pics soon

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Ive never heard of the company but its got tubes in it so I would recommend replacing the tubes with Groove Tubes or Sovteks and seeing how it sounded then. You should have it rebiased as well. I love the way a tube amp sounds but as the tubes age, there is a noticable shift in tone. I read an interview with Wayne Static of Static X that was talking about why he uses solid state amps because the amps would be completely tone shifted by the end of a tour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi tippmanbeast, i'm a bit of a magnatone collector (i have four). i love the sound. i'm in toronto and would buy it off you. a little crass, i know, but when you're obsessed you do these things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts