Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporter
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm goin to be driving soon, and my moms going on about how expensive my insurance is going to be. She's thinking its going to be like 200-300 per month, and my friend who just started driving is paying 300 per 6 months...
So PBF, how much is your car insurance?
 

·
Imperator
Joined
·
19,071 Posts
$6,000 a year on the Cobra
$3,500 a year on the Mazda

Both are under my fathers name and he has a perfect record with a class A CDL, as well as I get good grades and went through a bunch of safe and defensive driving courses. If it wasn't for that the Cobra would be $9,000 and the Mazda $4,000. It all depends on the state though, NJ insurance is extremely expensive.

By the way, that is for full coverage with a $1,000 deductable.
 

·
He gon' get it!
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
It all depends on what insurance you have, and who the car is under.

For example, I have NJ manufacturer's insurance (cheapest in NJ). The insurance is under my moms name, and I pay 900$ a year...not six month term...year. That is for a Red 1990 Camaro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Let's see:

17 year old male
State Farm Insurance
1996 Honda Accord (under my dad's name)
Liability
Medical Payments
$50 deductible comprehensive
$250 deductible collision
Uninsured motor vehicle protection

All this costs about $95ish dollars a month. I have all available discounts (school driving class, good grades, good driver (dad), and I took their driving class). This isn't too bad, I guess...one kid at my school was paying like $200 a month for insurance on a car older than mine. Then again, he's a crappy driver.
 

·
...
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
I pay 381/year on my bike and 1500 a year to be on my parents policy which insures my van with liability, the rest of my family's vehicles with full coverage, and covers my liability in any car.

I have no discounts =(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
Let's see:

17 year old male
State Farm Insurance
1996 Honda Accord (under my dad's name)
Liability
Medical Payments
$50 deductible comprehensive
$250 deductible collision
Uninsured motor vehicle protection

All this costs about $95ish dollars a month. I have all available discounts (school driving class, good grades, good driver (dad), and I took their driving class). This isn't too bad, I guess...one kid at my school was paying like $200 a month for insurance on a car older than mine. Then again, he's a crappy driver.
Exactly the same thing, only on an RX7 turbo. Damn, there should be more of a difference there...well i have the good student discount so..yeah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
$3987/yr

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe
1994 Jeep Wrangler

17/M. No accidents, no points, and no tickets. Full coverage w/ 250 deductable on the strat. Limited collision on the Wrangler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
TurboII said:
Exactly the same thing, only on an RX7 turbo. Damn, there should be more of a difference there...well i have the good student discount so..yeah
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No....****ing.....way.....

How do you pay 96 dollars a month for an RX7, that's ALSO turbocharged? DAMN...I should get an RX7.....
 

·
Imperator
Joined
·
19,071 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No....****ing.....way.....

How do you pay 96 dollars a month for an RX7, that's ALSO turbocharged? DAMN...I should get an RX7.....
They figure it will be in the shop more than it's on the road. ;)
 

·
I was saving that bacon
Joined
·
7,177 Posts
doomsday said:
They figure it will be in the shop more than it's on the road. ;)
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mines about 100 a month, a f-150 in my fathers name. So insurance is pretty cheap. My brother on the other hand. He pays like 350 a month for his Cavalier. Because they consider it a sports car. :rolleyes:
 

·
He gon' get it!
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No....****ing.....way.....

How do you pay 96 dollars a month for an RX7, that's ALSO turbocharged? DAMN...I should get an RX7.....
Well, the RX7 didn't come with a turbo charger did it? Insurance companies don't consider aftermarket upgrades to a vehicle (in NJ anyhow). So they are thinking that they are just insuring a regular rx7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
bmw m3 convertible
porsche cayenne
ford f-150
some kind of chevy minivan

full coverage, $1000 deductible, no tickets, accidents, etc.

somewhere around $2800/year
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top