Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, i was just wonderin what the average price is to lift a truck. my back end is saggin just a little bit and i figure if im gonna life that, might as well do the rest............and no im not gonna lift it like a foot. im not sure how much im gonna lift it actually, what do u think would look good?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
lifting the rear is easy, that s10 just has leaf springs, so all you have to do is install lift blocks and get a longer brake hose if its needed. The fronts alil more work, it all depends on how much lift. I dont know the application, but i dont know if the best way is to do it with bigger coils, or lift spindles, or whether you need new steering components. Theres just so many variables, you should find an s10 forum or something im sure they would know

but just a rough guess, if you brought your car to a shop and had it all done, id guess to see around $650

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
please please please, do not lift a 2wd truck, especially not one that small. its useless. a 12inch lift on that truck would put you about as high as a stock z71 for ford 4x4. if you wanna lift a truck, get a full size 4wd

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
terminator5047 said:
Just go to autozone and get some monroe shocks and put those in and forget about lifting it. Just keep it stock. if u lift it you risk puting ur driveshaft in a bind and plus a lifted s10 would look really gay.

i second this, just get some air shocks

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
terminator5047 said:
Just go to autozone and get some monroe shocks and put those in and forget about lifting it. Just keep it stock. if u lift it you risk puting ur driveshaft in a bind and plus a lifted s10 would look really gay.
an SYE or TS drop pretty much eliminate the possibility for this, and you only need to worry about it if you're going skyward more than 2-3 inches.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Slam it and bag it with some 20's or 22's. You need to talk to the minitruck guys around KC. They could probably help you out with getting a good price on bags if you want em.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
whoa return of the 1337!

hey guys...... he just asked how much you think it would cost, cut him some slack, lol

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
whoa return of the 1337!

hey guys...... he just asked how much you think it would cost, cut him some slack, lol
Been busy man.. got a little bit of free time on my hands right now so I thought I'd drop by and say whats up. thumup:

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
if you guys have never seen a lifted 2 wheel drive truck, youre messed up. thats how all off road racing trucks are, look at them. They do it with rangers and s-10's all the time. If i was you, id just get a body lift, but thats just my opinion. A suspension lift on a light truck is stupid, especially if its a daily driver.

oh btw, price on a body lift= the 250-300 range.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PAT McCORMICK said:
whoa return of the 1337!

ha thanks thumup:

well i got new tires, and i had them look at my shocks while they had it lifted and they said they couldnt see anything wrgon with the shocks. so im gonna get the springs checked out.

idk if i wanna bag it or not....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
ah if he wants to lift it let him lift it without catching hell.

When the chevelle community on the chevelle forum i post on see the stance of my car, they give me SO much hell because i have the rear lifted 4 inches, you wouldnt believe how much crap i catch for that, but i did it and i like it

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Yeah, skatin on 22's is cool, but honestly. Other things should be done before rims and a suspension.

I just dont wanna see someone slam a truck, and leave the rest completly stock.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts