Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for those of you that saw my car accident thread in the auto section, good for you, for those who havent, I hit someone because some lady cut him off and I couldnt stop in time because I have a big ass truck. My truck is fixed, and he decides to go to a body shop for his old ass beater. Total comes out to $1,228. I havent really talked to him since the accident except tell him that I will definitely pay for it hands down. he comes over to MY HOUSE this morning, pounds on my door, ringing the doorbell, makes my sister WAKE me up, and then proceeds to tell me he wants the money by the end of the week because he wants his car fixed before semester (which starts at the end of january). I believe he was totally out of line to come over to my house and pull that ****, especially 4 days after christmas. He knows im in college and the budget is tight, so then he says "well, make your parents pay for it, I don't care."

What should I do? I've already decided he isnt even seeing the money, I'm paying the dealership directly to fix it because i'm not getting played by some jackass...

·
God
292 Posts
so for those of you that saw my car accident thread in the auto section, good for you, for those who havent, I hit someone because some lady cut him off and I couldnt stop in time because I have a big ass truck. My truck is fixed, and he decides to go to a body shop for his old ass beater. Total comes out to $1,228. I havent really talked to him since the accident except tell him that I will definitely pay for it hands down. he comes over to MY HOUSE this morning, pounds on my door, ringing the doorbell, makes my sister WAKE me up, and then proceeds to tell me he wants the money by the end of the week because he wants his car fixed before semester (which starts at the end of january). I believe he was totally out of line to come over to my house and pull that ****, especially 4 days after christmas. He knows im in college and the budget is tight, so then he says "well, make your parents pay for it, I don't care."

What should I do? I've already decided he isnt even seeing the money, I'm paying the dealership directly to fix it because i'm not getting played by some jackass...

Well, if it really wasn't your fault in the accident, I'd hire a lawyer and sue. Also, if it REALLY ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY is his fault, you don't have to hire a master lawyer, because proving your case will be easy. Plus, it'll be less than that 1k.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if it really wasn't your fault in the accident, I'd hire a lawyer and sue. Also, if it REALLY ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY is his fault, you don't have to hire a master lawyer, because proving your case will be easy. Plus, it'll be less than that 1k.
the lady that cut him off booked, so im left at fault. i have to pay in full.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope.....only people that talked to the officer was me and the guy I hit. picture this:

two lane split highway going through the middle of a town, curbed grassy portion between the two sides of the road, im in the left lane closest to the median with a guy 4 to 5 car lengths ahead of me. lady in left lane misses her turn and cuts in front of him, stopping completely from 40 mph. he locks em up and stops, I ock em up and stop, after hitting him. she books, leaving me and the guy i hit sitting there with plastic (majority from my truck, the panel I messed up was fiberglass on his car) all over the place. game over for me, because I hit him, and noone stuck around to say anything.

i don't give a **** about that, he was rude in coming over to my house and waking me up and threatening me with a lawsuit, shortly beforehand being extremely rude to my sister. its after christmas, noone has a whole lot of money left over unless you're a spoiled prick like this guy is. I spose its nice when mommy and daddy pay for everything, and he obviously needs to realize that i'm not as well off as he is right now. I have more bills to pay than he could even comprehend. I'm actually going to have to sell my grand prix for this...

D

·
0 Posts
Find the ****tiest cheapest body shop and get their quote and make him go there. Typical joe shmoe with a spraypaint can.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
First, make sure you know where he lives. Pay up like a good little boy, and the day after his beautiful piece of **** car gets out of the shop, take a baseball bat to every single body panel on the car at 2 am.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Why are you not doing this through insurance? If you can't afford to pay under the table, then you should have made a claim.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
..........since my pontiac is down, ive been driving this pickup, of which im not insured under.

im not giving him a cent, he can take the car in and ill pay the body shop.

·
God
292 Posts
..........since my pontiac is down, ive been driving this pickup, of which im not insured under.

Yeah, I agree, just find the crappiest place on the planet, even if it's run down. Pay the body shop before-hand, and force the bastard into going. That'll teach him thumup:

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Tell him you'll pay the body shop of his choice directly, or pick your body shop, get an estimate and tell him you'll pay him that much in cash. Is his car worth over a grand?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts

Wow, that's pretty stupid to drive uninsured.

Not saying that's the wrong thing but only a grand isn't worth filing imo
It is when you don't have any money in savings. My mom bumped into somebody and it's probably only $500 to fix it, but she reported it to her insurance because she doesn't have that money in pocket to cover it. Then again her being in her 50s with a squeeky clean driving record, insurance won't go up much, if at all.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it wasnt my choice to be covered or not covered under the insurance for this truck, im not the title holder, its not my decision, so unless someone is willing to give me $2,200 to get my pontiac back, i wont have a vehicle im insured under. I have a clean record andinsurance for my pontiac (1999 grand prix GT) is 116 a month for liability. I know its ridiculous but no lie thats the lowest quote i got. Just for giggles i did a quote for a 1997 supra twin turbo under my name. 70 bucks a month? wtf?

lol, this is a text message he sent me after proposing I give him a check for 1,200 and call it even (instead of paying the 1,227 shop bill):

alright. I think the offer I gave you is the best way. It will cost a lot more if I have to get a lawyer and there could be a chance that you lose your license.

what a d-bag. take me to court for what? not paying a bill he never called me out on until yesterday morning? he'd get real far on that one...

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
it wasnt my choice to be covered or not covered under the insurance for this truck, im not the title holder, its not my decision, so unless someone is willing to give me $2,200 to get my pontiac back, i wont have a vehicle im insured under. I have a clean record andinsurance for my pontiac (1999 grand prix GT) is 116 a month for liability. I know its ridiculous but no lie thats the lowest quote i got. Just for giggles i did a quote for a 1997 supra twin turbo under my name. 70 bucks a month? wtf?

lol, this is a text message he sent me after proposing I give him a check for 1,200 and call it even (instead of paying the 1,227 shop bill):

alright. I think the offer I gave you is the best way. It will cost a lot more if I have to get a lawyer and there could be a chance that you lose your license.

what a d-bag. take me to court for what? not paying a bill he never called me out on until yesterday morning? he'd get real far on that one...
If there was a police report then he will get far on that one..

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Fwiw, the courts aren't very nice to people that drive un-insured, and I was hit by an un-insured motorist on my sport bike this summer. Do you have the money to pay him or not?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Make a free website that can take paypal donations and people who have paypal accounts can donate! Then you can pay the guy :D I'll set up an account for that :) (if I can)

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Give me a plane ticket and half a grand and he'll have broken knees within the week.
best advice so far... I have the money. should I just cut my losses and pay him the 1200 bucks? I'll make him sign a piece of paper saying that he recieved payment or something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts