Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been in a band for a few months and its me, my best friend, and my other good friend. the drummer has been playing/taking lessons for about a month but he doesnt have his own drumset so he can never practice except for on the gay little practice pad. things are just moving slowly and we want to get farther along but the drummer is holding us back really. there are no other drummers to find either so that is nbot an option. we're all real close and we play paintball together like every week.

now i got the invite to join a ska band as the drummer(i can drum ok) and i want to do it as kind of a side project until the first band gets on its feet. this band is pretty much good to go but i need an acoustic set which the bassist is getting and then we need a place to practice because my house cant fit 8 people in my studio.

how should i go about telling my first band that im kinda in another band too? i dont want them to get pissed or anything so i think i should tell them because they will find out eventually and then they will be mad because i kept it a secret probobaly. what should i do??

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
just say youre helping some friends out.. i mean really, its just a high school band, its not the end of the world

oh yea, if you want a good drummer, ask the school band teacher who drums in the jazz band.. usually the jazz band drummers are cool **** and they can play good

·
Registered
148 Posts
try and do both but make sure both bands know you are in two bands cause i had a friend who was doing two bands and one band found out and got super pissed...

ska is awesome :D

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
"we've been together a little while, and we've been through alot, and I still wanna be friends, but I think I need some space for other things"

It's what my ex-girlfriend told me, should work perfect

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it... My drummer is in another band... because drummers are hard to come by here. I would kinda feel bad if my band was the side band though... because like the band im in is the drummers main band, But yeh i dont see why they would have a problem with it... back before I dropped the keyboards I was in like 2-3 bands just doing samples and lil parts for whoever wanted some cool synth or some nice mellow background to there stuff.

You're good to go just tell them.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Yeah being in multiple bands isnt a bad thing at all. Ive been in 2-3 at a time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts