Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they got rid of the field and games section so i guess that goes here now. if im wrong please move this mods.

post how to build your favorite bunker. the have people rate it.
pics help. thumup:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
yeah here in Newfoundland, we got mostly fur trees and pine and stuff, so you cut down a monsterous one of those, cut off all the limbs and bows, cut the big log into some smaller ones, stack em, and cover em with the limbs and bows you cut off. Thus creating an impenitrable fortress which no paint ball no matter how herd or fast can get through.
I'll get a couple pics soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
pallets work well too. Stack 'em, lean 'em, whatever. It's not perfect cover: a ball goes through once in a while. Little more exciting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Me and my friends play on a rather large hill, most people call it a mountain...this is what we did...take rope, go around a few trees just on one side. then lay up a bunch of branches and stuff. after you have all the branches on there, take the rope and pull the rest of it around the other side so that the branches are inbetween the two ropes...next thing we did was take plants from the ground and stuck them in the branches so you couldnt see through the walls. after that we built stonewalls on the inside that were a few feet high(i live in alabama, lots of limestone that just breaks up into thin sheets of rock to just lay up on the branches, and one more thing, im not a hillbilly, i live in huntsville, huntsville has the most phd's per capita than any other city in the united states...ya we the rocket city)...then we just loaded more and more branches on the outside, making it really really thick...you can also put long branches or dead trees across in a diaginal formation between trees then stack sticks on it...you can also make a roof my layin branches acros the tops and stuff(just in case any1 trys to get smart with grenades), i think we might try to dig out some of the dirt on the bottom of it so its partially underground...our forts are top line...we have had our oldest stay up since beggining of april, and its still great...

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
yeah, dig a hole, and with the dirt you dig, make a wall, then put stuff over it like you said, like bows and branches and stuff. and build a treehouse 4-6 feet off the ground, and bring up old doors and lay them on their sides along the floor of the treehouse (or on the ground) for an instant wall.

·
Registered
783 Posts
BUILDING THE FORT:
ok, now heres what you do take palits and make a wall 5 long and 2 highthen make small walls on the end 1wide and 2 tall and another 5 long 2 tall makeing a box of palits, next cover it in OSB or some other cheap wood, now cut 4 oil drums in half (A) or cut a small accsess hole in it (B). At the top of the fort make two windows for to be shooting out of, now take the half barrels(A) to make stationary turrets and mount them in the walls, 1 on each end, and 3 down each side (if you mount the ones withe the accsess hole in the back they can rotate) now on one end the turret can swing out ( a door ). DON'T COVER THE TOP! the inside of the palits may be used to climb up and you can straddel the inside and shoot over the top.

MAKING THE TURRETS:
Either cut a small hole in the back wide enough to walk into(B) or cut them in half(A) in both designs cut a hole for the barrel to poke through and a slit to see through.

P.S. it is ment to be vulnerable to bunker busters, but only if the person can get close enough, Ha! good luck with that!

The color code is--
Black-Window
Yellow-OSB
Brown-Palits
Red-Drum Turrets
and the drum on the left with the black lines is the door.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont make forts to be invulnerable, just to make the game fair and interseting. Always make forts with weaknesses, just enough to be fun. Most of the time I end up attacking the forts I make anyway, so this works well. One fort my neighbors and I made was really good, but unfair, so we dont use it. It was a real waste.

D

·
0 Posts
hmm i should go take so pics of my speedball field now, we rebuilt it yesterday.

nd maybe ill bring back the pics of my woodsball field

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
well if you to play in the woods, and be all stealthy then i hav just the right bunker. It's not very protective but its stealthy. What you do is take a hockey goal or create ur own using wood. then replace the string with wire. stick leaves and sticks in between the wire to make it look like a bush and you have a bushy, not very protective, bunker

·
Registered
50 Posts
if your playing military style(only head and torso shots get you out) then you have a very effective portable bunker. When someone is coming towards and you need a bunker lay down with your feet pointing in the direction of the opponent and bend your knees and you can shoot between your legs and you have protected the parts that wont get you out
:)
-|-
./\................/\__\_:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ryan_Page said:
yeah here in Newfoundland, we got mostly fur trees and pine and stuff, so you cut down a monsterous one of those, cut off all the limbs and bows, cut the big log into some smaller ones, stack em, and cover em with the limbs and bows you cut off. Thus creating an impenitrable fortress which no paint ball no matter how herd or fast can get through.
I'll get a couple pics soon.
good idea this one would work well where i live, lots of trees.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sumsimpleracer said:
well if you to play in the woods, and be all stealthy then i hav just the right bunker. It's not very protective but its stealthy. What you do is take a hockey goal or create ur own using wood. then replace the string with wire. stick leaves and sticks in between the wire to make it look like a bush and you have a bushy, not very protective, bunker

Acually if you use chicken wire it is pretty good shield. You just get a lot of splatters hitting you no direct hits :naughty . It worked for me lol. My favorite is a moving bunker. :). 4 x 4 square ( wood frame ) Small chicken wire inside of it. There you go a portable bunker. I did this at a friends house we were messing around. It would suck if u used it in a real game... no fun for other team unless they raid you. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts