Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was just wonderin what the formula is to (roughly) figure out body fat percentage...i kknow the doctor is the best to find out pretty much exactly but i just wanted a estimate cuz about....a month ago i weighed 135 with 6.3% body fat...and today after practice i weighed 130 ( i sat in a sauna yesterday soooo thats how i lost so much i didnt really mean to but o well). well anyways i was just wonderin how to figure it out thanks guys.

o yea height is 5'9 1/2

·
Registered
449 Posts
Look for a BMI chart. It should have weight on one side and height on the other with BMI in the middle.

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
you didn't lose any body fat or muscle, most likely you sweat out half a gallon of water and didn't drink enough to make up for it, resulting in a weight loss of approx 5lbs.... water intake/loss can mess with your weight alot if your not consistent which how much you drink.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
gamergc264 said:
pshhhh-lost 3 pounds in 20 minutes. not in a sauna tho.

believe me its possible
No, I can believe 3 pounds in 20 minutes. I just don't see how you can loose 5 pounds in a suana unless you are in there for a long time.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
according to the body mass index, i am legally fat, when in reality my current bf% is around 10%. that there tells you bmi doesnt work. online calculators are essentially the same thing so they dont work either

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214711 <-- this thread from bodybuilding.com has pictures of people at various bodyfat percentages... should show you everything you need to know

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
Huey69 said:
No, I can believe 3 pounds in 20 minutes. I just don't see how you can loose 5 pounds in a suana unless you are in there for a long time.
its more than possible. a lot of fighters who have to cut like 20 pounds for a fight will sit in a sauna for a few hours, lose more than enough water weight, then weigh in. its not exactly healthy, but its a good way to fight someone a lot smaller than you

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
spud, a few people i saw on that post made me sick. once i got past ripped, people started looking like they were in pain.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
buy a skin kaliper those websites dont work. the most effiecient way is to do a dunk test or something where you go in a pool and they do tests but a skin kaliper is much cheaper

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
pimpballer756 said:
buy a skin kaliper those websites dont work. the most effiecient way is to do a dunk test or something where you go in a pool and they do tests but a skin kaliper is much cheaper
keep in mind skin calipers arent very accurate, and usually read a few percentages too low

an yea, andything after ripped looks pretty gross :dodgy:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts