Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
You don't fill CO2 bottles with compressed air...

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
You don't fill CO2 bottles with compressed air...
He is VERY correct. Remember that CO2 tanks are designed to carry LIQUID co2 which has a vapor pressure of 800psi or thereabouts. HPA tanks are rated at 3000-4500 psi. Also, a shop compressor, no matter how big, still only puts out about 150-300psi... so even if you have an adaptor, you would only be able to fill a tank to 300psi at the max. However, Co2 tanks just aren't made for HPA. They will fail at 900-1000psi when the burst disk goes out.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
The 300psi you would be able to get into the tank would be pretty useless, and a waste of time in my opinion.

And like Medic said, any household or even mechanics shop compressor is only going to put out a couple to a few hundred PSI absolutely cranked up. It takes very special (Read: Expensive) compressors to fill up to 3000 or 4500psi. I don't think we have to explain why it's a bad idea to put 3k psi in a container only designed to hold a few hundred.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Of course, now Tom Kaye, the inventor of the Automag IS coming up with a high pressure/low volume compressor for paintball that does run off of a shop style compressor. It is reported to fill a 4500psi tank in several hours with inputs of 150-200 psi. Keep an eye out for it at Huntington Beach as I think he will be there promoting it.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
This sorta stuff is why hes my hero.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts