Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Sell the Shutter?

• Yes, sell it and put the money towards a new gat

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • No, you won't be able to get a new gat before HB and will be screwed at team practices

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's the predicament: I got my mag stolen in OH, so now I only have my shutter here for use in HB. I like it, but there's no way I'm using that at HB or in the XPSL in April. So here's the thing:

Should I sell my Shutter to get more money for a decent gat?

Keep in mind I will be going on my church mission this coming August so I won't get to use it that long. Two years before I come back.

I could sell the Shutter, but then I have nothing for team practices. And if I don't, I'm stuck with it anyway for the tourneys.

My budget's gonna be pretty low, so eBay is going to be my new home in the coming weeks and the nation's BST forums.

Should I seel the Shutter ($150 tops for it) and get a new gat? Or should I make do with what I've got?

And even more importantly- how can I raise funds fast to pay for the difference of a new gun?

I was thinking go to Sam's Club or Costco and buy a ton of candy in bulk and sell it on campus for twice the price per bar/bag I paid for it to make a profit. I've seen it done, but it takes too much time which I don't have.

Post your ridiculous money-making schemes here. Gratzi.

P.S...I'm not asking my 'rents for money. Leeching off of them is low, even though they would do it, and I like to earn what I get, make it on my own steam, etc. You get the idea.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Do what you can. Sell the shutter... get a half decent gun.. u can pull it off

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
i have many money making schemes (such as painting quarters and selling them on ebay for 24cents...) but anyways ill post some later but here is my real question: a 2 year church mission.. i suppose your morman? j/w

·
Registered
905 Posts
sell shutter
get a job
buy an Ion (only 300)

im sure someone else in the club will have a gun that you can atleast practice with, until you have enough for a new gun.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
well, ur in a predicument like u said...why dont u ask ur parents of the money (like u said u wouldnt do) and then pay them back...with interest...so its kinda like a loan...and u still have to earn money....

and the candy thing ALWAYS works...but u wont raise enough on time

·
12,110 Posts
Go ahead and sell the shutter. Get a box, adn do some late winter cleaning. Anything you havent used in a while, throw it, an put it up on ebay.

Save money on everything. Buy the store brand milk and stuff like that.

Or, you could just get a job. Even if you dont want it long term, act like your going to stay with Mcdonalds until retirement, adn when you have enough money for the mag, just quit.

Take Headley up on his offer. GReat price for his RT. All you need after that is a bike foregrip.

Dont give up on your mag. Its out there, somewhere.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Stick with the candy thing and make sure you dont spend on stuff you dont need. Just stick with the necessities. Sell crap you dont need like old stuff or get a job like mowing lawns. You can think of something think harder

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Alpha said:
Take Headley up on his offer. GReat price for his RT. All you need after that is a bike foregrip.

Dont give up on your mag. Its out there, somewhere.
The foregrip that he is putting on it, is my stock AGD one, which is basically a bicycle grip.

Duo, I think its great how you don't want to be like everyone else and mooch off your parents. That shows really good character. But sometimes there is a point when parents should be well...parents. If you really don't want them to buy it, then take the money from them, then pay them back an extra $50 or something so you don't feel bad.

I would sell the shutter and old stuff, then ask them for the extra like $100 you needed then pay them back some more. You said your parents would do it for you. They wouldn't do it if they couldn't do it. Try your best to get the money, then ask your parents for the rest.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Try asking around your campus, usually your college can get you some type of on campus job with the college, usually it doesn;t pay really well but can be the easiest jobs in the world, like taking IDs at your campus gym, plus they usually let you work on homework/papers and stuff for classes.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'd keep your shutter for now............until you KNOW you have enough money to put towards a gun, then sell and get a gun. Because after u sell it u may not get the money intime for a serious game.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Im so close to being able to get a timmy so i was looking for a way to make a little extra cash. I have so many old cd's and old books that i dont use anymore. did you ever think about going to book stores and cd stores? Anybody know how to do this??

1 - 20 of 49 Posts