Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new mini today and i love it but when i went to take my compressed air tank off it was hell! I use to have a smartparts eos so im use to turning the asa off and on and that would get rid of the pressure in it and so the tank would come off easily. any suggestrions or am i just missing something lol.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
That's the drawback with the Mini
Since they made the ASA the reg as well, it was tough for them to make it on/off, so they didn't.
All that pressure stays between the tank and the ASA, making it hard to unscrew, hence the reason Empire markets the Mini as recommended for LP tanks, to make it easier to unscrew.

Add some lube to the ASA threads, or you can get an inline On/Off ASA adapter
New Trinity Thread Saver On/Off ASA - Black - eBay (item 170488973702 end time Jul-19-10 10:42:40 PDT)
Thread Saver TSO On/Off ASA Invert Mini NDZ Paintball s - eBay (item 120545599591 end time Jul-17-10 10:53:00 PDT)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the drawback with the Mini
Since they made the ASA the reg as well, it was tough for them to make it on/off, so they didn't.
All that pressure stays between the tank and the ASA, making it hard to unscrew, hence the reason Empire markets the Mini as recommended for LP tanks, to make it easier to unscrew.

Add some lube to the ASA threads, or you can get an inline On/Off ASA adapter
New Trinity Thread Saver On/Off ASA - Black - eBay (item 170488973702 end time Jul-19-10 10:42:40 PDT)
Thread Saver TSO On/Off ASA Invert Mini NDZ Paintball s - eBay (item 120545599591 end time Jul-17-10 10:53:00 PDT)
thanks for the help! are these easy to install?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts