Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The end of the world thread made me think of this. Chances are the U.S wont be the superpower of the world forever. What do you guys think will happen?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I actually don't think it'd be a bad thing for the US to lose it's title of "most powerful nation in the world."

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
TonyD said:
I actually don't think it'd be a bad thing for the US to lose it's title of "most powerful nation in the world."
I'm with this guy.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Being a superpower means you can successfully run your country with isolationism. It is just how it sounds, we could break off from the world and survive. There isn't a single nation, besides the United States, that can do that. That is the superiority. How can that be diminished?

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
big_balla89 said:
How can that be diminished?
Abuse of power. Destruction of "liberty." Turning your own people against you.

Ever heard of a civil war? A revolution? It's not like they are rare cases throughout history. If certain people step on too many toes, it's all over. People forget that the US is still a "young" nation. It hasn't made its mistakes yet.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
zerpbrandon said:
proabably, well probably mess with something we shouldnt of messed with
In all curiosity, who do you think would actually be able to defeat the United States?

Because, besides China who relies on us majorly for their economy, I really can't think of any.

·
Registered
947 Posts
big_balla89 said:
Being a superpower means you can successfully run your country with isolationism. It is just how it sounds, we could break off from the world and survive. There isn't a single nation, besides the United States, that can do that. That is the superiority. How can that be diminished?
We could, but if we did stuff would get alot more expensive, but we still could.

·
This Is Sparta!!!
1,824 Posts
big_balla89 said:
I'm not saying we couldn't or could, but please explain to me how if we isolated ourselves from the rest of the world we would still be able to survive. As far as I know (im not saying i'm right, im saying as far as i know), we don't have enough gasoline coming from our country to support our economy. And what I do know is that at this time, our country runs on gasoline. Without it, we couldn't survive.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
unless you have a time machine, there is absolutely no way to predict the end of the US world influence.

people thought the US was done in the 20's, during the civil war, even in the 90s at some points.

but seriously, all this thread is going to be is "OMG THE US SUCKS. PEOPLE ARE SO FAT WE R GUNNA DIE FRUM FATNESS. ALSO WE R STOPID THATS Y WE ARE GONNA LOSE."

·
Wishes to play Pball moar
493 Posts
In America, there are almost more people who hate this country than like it. I say "Go live in some 3rd world country for a month and THEN try to say 'America sucks" Some people take this country for granted...yep

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
what? what kind of logic is that?

just because people don't like this country or dont agree with things our country does is the entire PURPOSE of our country.. if people ALWAYS agreed on what the gov't did, and people ALWAYS supported the same things and never stopped to protest or speak out against something, we would be living in a horrible society.

if black people never fought for civil rights - do you think they would ever have civil rights? no one said "go to another country because nothing here's gonna change."

if no one protested the vietnam war, people wouldn't have a clue how unecessary certain things that government has done/will do and would never go to possibly fight against it.

people say they hate the US because they want to live here, but the whole system of gov't, the society, culture, all that they feel is garbage. just because someone doesn't appreciate their life in america, doesnt mean they should be booted out, because that would completely destroy the purpose of america in the first place

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
back on topic...

There really is no way to predict, many have stated that the US has already started losing its hegemon status, however there really is no way too tell. The fact is, we are always going to have the strongest military sect, and honestly? I don't know how that is ever going to change, unless something extremely radical happens. There is the distinct possibility that we will simply overextend ourselves, however even then, once realized, it would be overcomeable. Assuming that happen, the US would again take on an isolationist role; starting the cylce again... we would still retain our hegemonic status though.

The EU is really the only political actor with the raw potential to rival the might of the US. And as much progess as they have made since Maastricht, they still have a loooong way to go.

·
Registered
581 Posts
a bunch of other nations could ally and team up against us...but then us and our allies would overpower them......i doubt the U.S. will ever get overtaken by another nation(s) because most people that arent in the U.S. want to be in...they arent gonna destroy their little hope of freedom....for examples. the mexicans run and hide here, they arent gonna try to fight us. Chinese and Japanese sell most of their stuff to us. They don't want to fight us. Canada...knows they will get their asses kicked. allinall...i think we are fine unless....someone gets a nuclear weapon and actually USES it instead of the past nuclear weapon threats where they just held it somewhere till we found it...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts