Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only post xpaintball, or don't post at all

-P4IN7

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
I think you will more then likely get your post closed by a moderator prior to getting the answer to your question. It is against the rules of PBF to link to other commercial web storefronts other then xpaintball.com as they are the ones paying for this board.

At any rate, this is just the manifold for the air deleivery device. You will still need some type of pressurized bulk tank and a compressor. So add about $3k to that price and I think you have it covered.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That one does not look as nice as the Air America one and I know there is a site that sells it for $350 some where. Yes MedicDVG is correct that you will also need to buy/rent a bulk cylinder then you can refill it for about $4-5.

MedicDVG: Xpaintball does not sell fill stations so I dont see why this post would be a problem.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, you couldn't just have a shop fill it?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, not sure what your sayin...like a scuba shop or something?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not a scuba or paintball shop they may do it but I am 99% sure they cant just ask your local field where they got their tanks and how they fill them. It would have to be a place where you get bulk air tanks or a welding supply place might do it to. You will just have to check around and see if any place close to you will fill it.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. BTW, do these things come with instructions..some things just don't come with manuals that why i'm asking lol. I'm not a trained filler but i'm sure it can't be too hard:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
most welding supply shops can fill high pressure bulk tanks. the booster pump at our shop probablly came with a mannual but i have yet to see it :D . i am a trained "filler", its not rocket science but one minnor mistake can be fatal. i have talked to several people that can tell horror stories, and have one or two close calls myself. heard about one guy hooking up the booster pump wrong, it exploded. it sent a chunk of metal into him. didnt kill him but close.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think all accidents happen when you're either frusterated or in a rush or don't understand:) I thought they had burst discs on the tank incase of explosion. My super uber old C02 tank expolodes when taking it off and the burst disc just disconnected from the tank.

·
Registered
811 Posts
they do have burst disk on the tanks but not on booster pumps. im just saying make sure you are careful when filling any tanks. also the most economical way to fill your own tanks is with a scuba tank setup. if you have a scuba shop or welding supply close they can fill them fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think we do lol. I'll check around, thanks for the advice
I think where my brother works they might have a 4,5K or 3K for the welding work they do.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can't really rely on burst disks. They do make it a safer incase of overpressure situations but only if they are the correct rating and are installed correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts