Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. When I got to the field I went to get my CO2 refilled. But they suposedly ran out of CO2 so they gave me a High Pressure tank to use, filled it up for me and told me to take a few test shots w/ it. It seemed to work fine so I used it. I only started to think about it after. I used it for 4 games of woodsball, about 350 shots the whole day. MY question now is will that ruin my Tippman at all using what I used?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thanks.

And it did feel a lot better shooting it. Every shot went to the same place, and it didn't seem to have as much of a kick.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just be careful at the verry least get an aluminum bolt and powertube because you are shooting undr higer pressure and plastic bolt and power tubes dont hold up well under that pressure. then get an HPA tank. be sure to get the powertube and bolt first because yoou dont want to crack one durring a game.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Tippy_A-5 said:
Just be careful at the verry least get an aluminum bolt and powertube because you are shooting undr higer pressure and plastic bolt and power tubes dont hold up well under that pressure. then get an HPA tank. be sure to get the powertube and bolt first because yoou dont want to crack one durring a game.
Don't waste your money on a aluminum powertube and bolt they are crap. Your stock powertube and bolt are just fine, they wont crack just becuase you are using HPA now.

·
Number One Target
373 Posts
Sine Ty's question has been answered I have another question. A field I will be playing at in the next few weeks rent out HPA so I am planning on trying one. My question is do you adjust the velocity the same way you do when useing CO2? In my case just useing the velocity screw, or do you have to play with gauges?

Thanks

PS sorry for the high jack I though I would save a bit of space instead of starting a new thread

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
No internal upgrades are needed. The stock power tube and bolt don't hold any pressure, the aluminum valve body does all that. And on a nice warm day CO2 will give you well over the 850 the HPA tank was likely regulated at.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Tippy A-5 is incorrect in his statement. You need no upgrades whatsoever to run HPA. Co2 can put out over 900psi when totally full on a hot day. The stock power tube is better off using HPA anyway because it is not subject to the cold temperatures of CO2 which is far more likely to cause a crack than HPA. HPA=happy
CO2=sad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts