Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

myself and a few buddies are all gonna get some guns and start playing. It seems like HPA is the way to go due to the cold climate. Does anyone else run this recreationally? If so do you know where we could fill them in the Buffalo area? Or does it make sense to get a compressor/tank set up?

·
Administrator
14,126 Posts
HPA is much more prevalent these days. Compressors are not that economical to have at home. Garage shop compressors will only get you to about 200psi so they are out, an actually good compressor will run you about $8k on the used market. A small one will run you about $600 but there are lots of associated costs like oil, filters and frankly just other equipment that should have come with the compressor, the price inches up to around the $800 range when it's all said and done.

One of the better options in my opinion is a scuba tank. A good one on the used market will run you around $120, a fill adaptor is $40 so for under 200 you can be filling at home or bring the whole setup with you into the woods.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HPA is much more prevalent these days. Compressors are not that economical to have at home. Garage shop compressors will only get you to about 200psi so they are out, an actually good compressor will run you about $8k on the used market. A small one will run you about $600 but there are lots of associated costs like oil, filters and frankly just other equipment that should have come with the compressor, the price inches up to around the $800 range when it's all said and done.

One of the better options in my opinion is a scuba tank. A good one on the used market will run you around $120, a fill adaptor is $40 so for under 200 you can be filling at home or bring the whole setup with you into the woods.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
Thanks a bunch! I found a scuba place in Hamburg that fills HPA. Sounds like that’s the move. Just debating getting our little tanks filled there or going with a big tank to bring to the woods like you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts