Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not new to paintball, but I don't know much about hpa. I have a spyder pilot acs and am considering buying an hpa tank. My question is what mods if any will I need to run hpa, and can I switch back and forth between hpa and co2 without causing problems. I ask this because I play at two fields and only 1 fills hpa. Any quick help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
okay......this has been answered MANY times. But i'll answer again.

U don't need to mod anything to run hpa. It's just a differrent tank, it screws in where u put the co2 now, and u can switch between them as much as u like. HOWEVER, if u want u can run a regulator. Which can enable u to lower ur operating pressure and then use a lighter main spring, which means less kick.

a good brand is crossfire, a 68/4500psi is a great size, giving over 1000 shots.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about it being in the wrong section I'm new to the forum and forgot to scan down the page. One more question, how much pressure do I need? I heard I need higher pressure because its a spyder.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
yes, it will. just make sure it's labelled as "High Pressure Output" and has an output of about 800-850psi. On Crossfire tanks (the one I would recommend) the regulator will be red if this is the case.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last question I promise. If the fill station guy says he can only fill about 2500psi then will that affect the performance on my spyder. Thanks for any help, now I will drag my wrong forum posting butt outta here for now. sorry about that again.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
haha. It's called 68 b/c its 68cubic inches, and 4500psi b/c it can hold pressure of up to 4500psi. Now, the pressure of the tank does not matter really, there is a regulator on the end of the tank that makes sure the output is 800psi at all times. So if u get a 3000psi fill in a 4500psi tank, don't worry!! Ur fine, the regulator will make sure 800psi continues to come out, u'll just run out of air a little faster.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AHhhh now it all makes sense. THanks for the help guys. Depending on how much my next paycheck is I may FINALLY switch over to hpa. Co2 is just such a pain on long days in changing weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts