I'm not diggin the attitude. Especially not from a pbf staff member.
Here are some numbers for you to chew on.
CO2 pressure @ 100% fill relative to temperature:
Every one who has used CO2 knows every time you shoot, the bottle gets a little colder. A string of about 20 shots will drop the tank temperature to 60°F yielding a 750psi pressure.
It's not too uncommon for a trigger happy player to get a tank below freezing which puts the tank pressure in the ballpark of 500PSI.
Now mind you, these numbers are all at 100% of the rated fill.
So please, prove me wrong. Prove that a stock, out of the box Spyder can't run on an HPA tank so I can go tell my boss our rental guns defy all logic and physics.
2. Never said that they couldn't, just said that they MAY have trouble
3. I have gotten pressure testers and have gauges on some of my ASA's, and they all say over 1000psi with a full CO2 tank at room temp
4. Tippmann's and Spyder's recock at around 700-800+ psi, so depending on the output pressure of your tank and its recharge rate, yes, you can have problems
5. Since Spyder's are low end, they keep costs down by making the gun quick and easy to make, leading in restrictive air flow paths and simple designs that aren't the most efficient, thus the High Efficiency/Low Pressure mods help a ton in lowering the recocking pressure, boosting efficiency, and smoothing out the shot
While I can't give much physical proof about the whole CO2 pressure per temp, etc., quite frankly, I don't see anything besides a bunch of numbers with no backing for your numbers.
Care to show proof of those pressures per temp?
#1: In my initial hurry, I misread your user title. At first glance it appeared to be "master moderator". My mistake.
#2: You did in fact say "may have a litle trouble" and I'm saying they will have NO trouble.
#3: If you were indeed an "airsmith" as your profile claims you are, you would know that a gauge on an ASA on your tank is not reliable.
#4: 650PSI+ is a much more realistic figure.
#5: Actually they keep costs down by having loose machining tolerances and using less expensive materials. After a certain point, lowering the operating pressure of a gun causes it to be less efficient. A larger volume of air is needed to propel the ball to velocity in a LP setup.
3. Indeed, that's why I use digital pressure testers as well
5. Indeed, but again, they aren't going to make a Spyder as perfect as they can make one if they don't need to. By modeint it out to HE/LP, you can increase airfow enough to either let you drop your pressure to get back under 300fps or backout your velocity adjuster to get within limits
After reading he links you posted, and taking the ambient temp of my house, it is 83 degrees, so I guess that 1000+ psi here is wihin the norms
All the other times I have taken tank readings were in summer, when it was really hot.
I've seen some older Spyders that have trouble, and some new ones that still have trouble
Maybe it's just improper care or something, or maybe the expansion rates of CO2 and HPA or some crazy thing, but I've seen Spyders that will just burp on HPA
Granted, all my Spyders run HPA like champs (though they have all been modded to HE or LP)
Hey whats up guys im kinda new to this i bought a java edition spyder compact deluxe from a thrift shop for 12 bucks it did not have a co2 tank or hopper i wanted to know does it matter what kind of co2 tank i get for it or hopper i just want to know before i buy anything for it plz help😞
can anyone tell me how to fix a leak on the set screw of the expansion chamber on my spyder rodeo replaced o rings but there is no way to take the expansion chamber apart any help would be greatly appreciated
So I just bought a used 05 spyder electra acs. It has a regular 9v in it and i was wondering if it needed a spyder rechargeable one. I have seen people say it does and people say it is doesn't matter. So I just want to know. Also where would I get one I cant find them for sale anywhere?
So I am probably sounding like an idiot here but I accidentally pulled the pin out of the back of my 05 electra and shot the innards all over my living room. I think I found them all but I have no clue how to get it back together. can someone please like make a video or just describe it in...