Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend I was able to put a Crossfire HPA tank on my 98C. I pulled the trigger, and DANG IS THAT SUCKER LOUD!!! With CO2 it was moderately quiet. Why was the HPA so loud? My marker specs are in my sig...

*edit*
I just realized something...Earlier in the day I had trouble at the chrono. I couldn't get my gun over 260fps. I had nearly backed my adjuster screw all the way out, and it still didn't go up (I had already locktited the RVA on the Shadow so it was flush; so I didn't mess with that). Maybe the loudness was caused by the screw being out so far. IDK, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
PoisonMushroom said:
*edit*
I just realized something...Earlier in the day I had trouble at the chrono. I couldn't get my gun over 260fps. I had nearly backed my adjuster screw all the way out, and it still didn't go up
you may need a new spring.

torch is right. shooting wtih paint is quieter.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I dry-fired it. But it still seemed louder than the CO2, or I could just be confused. Next time I'll try it with a few rounds.

As for the spring. I just put the Full Boar Shadow in the day before I played. It was brand new. I don't think the spring is the problem, unless I just need to tighten it up a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts