Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Noob
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading to hpa soon and I have a few questions(they might be a little noobie)

1.Are there any warnings or dangerous things I should know about with the tank or the marker(besides putting oil in the fill nipple,I already know about that)?

2.Is it bad to leave your tank on your gun when you aren't using it?

3.Is their a certain way you can turn on or off an hpa tank,like when I put it in my marker or take it out(i've only seen an hpa tank a couple times)

thanks for the help

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
1) Common sense and such. Keep your tank covered to avoid dings.
2) If its full at all then its bad for your gun, and could wear on the fill nipple slightly.
3) An On/Off ASA.
Like:

·
Noob
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,thanks for the advice.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
It's actually a good idea to keep a few psi in your tank

Keeps your seals closed so no dust or debris can get in

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
1.Are there any warnings or dangerous things I should know about with the tank or the marker(besides putting oil in the fill nipple,I already know about that)?
Don't subject it to severe heat/cold, and I'd suggest a tank cover. If you get any gouges or deep scratches, do not fill it until you have it inspected.

2.Is it bad to leave your tank on your gun when you aren't using it?
It's fine to leave the tank on-gun if you are able to turn it off. Don't leave your marker gassed up for extended periods of time, as the stress on your seals and solenoid (if applicable) can cause premature wear.

3.Is their a certain way you can turn on or off an hpa tank,like when I put it in my marker or take it out(i've only seen an hpa tank a couple times)
If you lack an on/off ASA, treat it like a CO2 tank and unscrew it part-way, fire off a few shots to clear the air lines, and remove it completely. This will extend the life of your bottle o-ring. If you have an on/off ASA (preferably a bleeding variety) simply turn off the air and remove your bottle. If your on/off doesn't bleed off the remaining pressure in the lines/regulator when you turn it off, you may need to fire off a shot or two to vent the system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 2 3

1) make sure u keep a fill nipple cover on so no dust or anything gets in it and use a thread cap to protect your threads and a tank cover to protect from scratches 2) yes it is bad because you are keeping pressure in side the gun which will damage the internals 3) an on/off asa

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got a question for u guys i got a azodin blitz 2011 and i use co2 on it and today i shot like 1000-1500 shot and it start to leak in a small hole on the regulator and i though maybe its was frozen and i stop shooting for an hour, after that i start shooting again and after 100-200 shot the leak start again why? what the problem? what can i do to stop the leak? do i need compressed air or can i still use the co2 but with no leak?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts