Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow i didnt know that so i have played hyperball hmmmmm...i didnt know that well i guess u learn something new every day huh

·
Registered
520 Posts
sandbagging is in tourniments when better players that have way more expirance enter tourniments that there way over qulified for

·
Registered
246 Posts
i guess it has to do with a refrence to sandbags on a hot air baloon they drop when released so the people that come in to tournoments that they are over qualified for they crush just like that sandbag does when it hits something when lands thats just my guess though

·
Registered
292 Posts
So speedball is the game but air and hyper are the variations of it?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
nope- like I live near ProPaintball, and they have tournies every few months and there are always a few ex-lockout players playin novice tournies... sad, sad sad. They always wreck the novice teams just for the prizes.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
Barber said:
So, has anyone climbed into a tube?

when i was little i had a pretty big one that we took from a nearby construction place. we would roll it too the top of a big hill then climb in, plat our feet up against the thing and then roll down. it was fun as hell but hurt your head unless you like used a baseball glove as a helmet.

buuuutttt, ive never been in one in a game, usually the ones big enough to climb in are vertical

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
Barber said:
So, has anyone climbed into a tube?
I did for a little while one game, but it only took a little bit for me to change my mind and I got out of there. I've shot somone in a tube before, using the same exact move I saw Lasoya do in one of the videos I've downloaded.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
chromekilla said:
noo, air ball is way better, just being able to manipulate your bunker with your gun and barrel makes it better than hyperball.
there are more variations of speedball, there is palet fields, we have one field at a local paintball field that is a bunch of mini "huts" you could consider speedball. And some fields have some woods on the speedball field with a mixture of air bunkers, tubes, palets, and it's really actually fun, the woods aren't to big or anything, just small patches of trees and stuff and the field is surrounded by woods with the tape going into the woods a little to allow people to sneak into them and make quick flanks.

·
Registered
757 Posts
janiboy088 said:
y do they call it sandbagging?
When shooting a rifle, instead of supporting it with your arms you can rest it on a sandbag to achieve more accurate results in a shooting competition. That is also called "sandbagging" and is considered poor form. Maybe it has something to do with that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ohhhh man,Let me tell you what it is...It is when a good player acts worse than he really is and takes advantage of a less skilled player....I played tournament pool...Tournament pool has rankings the highest being a 7 and the lowest being a 2...As you win you would move up in rank but if you were a 5 and you played a 2 you had to win 5 games and they had to win 2 games..So most of the best players would sandbag(not play to their full potential)and stay at a lower ranking in order to have an advantage when they would get a lower ranked apponent......Phewwww sorry so long..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I finaly got to go play hyperball at a field about 2 hours away with some friends and it was awesome. I loved the fact that you can shoot through the lil grooves of the plastic tubing. One of my friends (hes deffinetly the dumbest one of the group and will do most any thing for attention) tried to dive into one of the tubes but as he jumped his back got cut by the edging of the tube he just pealed some skin off and had a little blood but man was it FUNNY!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts