Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new computer built, and for some reason, I decided that the 3.0Ghz wasnt fast enough (I'm an idiot) well in anycase, I was upping the CPU Clock speed through the Bios, and it was all going well, got it up to 3.75Ghz, then I decided to get it to 4.0Ghz, for ****s and giggles. So I type it in, and restart the bios. BAM, no screen comes up, its just black. So now I am like really pissed at myself, becuase I just spent over $500 on this computer a few days ago, and I already broke it. So this is when I start praying to God, asking him to help me get this thing up and running again. I popped the motherboard battery off, went up stairs, prayed, and came back down, put it in, and it worked!

I cant tell you how many "Thank God" 's I said, but it was a heck of a lot.

GOD IS AWESOME!

Well, If I wouldnt have got it working again, I prolly would have killed myself, hence the catchy title.

I thought I would share that with you all, and ask you if you have ever had anything like this happen to you?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
thats hot that you overclocked up to 3.75 though. it must have been one of the newest of your line of cards to bus like that. did you use the pc connection way of doing it or where did you learn to clock out like that?

·
Registered
649 Posts
i think God doesnt care about computer. Why would he care about something that allows me instant access to **** and allows me to steal any program or media?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Or you know, it couldve been that the bios reset after you took the battery out. But god is good too thumup:

D

·
0 Posts
i remember putting a ram stick it, i thought i snapped it.. i was crying.. never did work anyways tghough.. ghey

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
BUBBASR. said:
thats hot that you overclocked up to 3.75 though. it must have been one of the newest of your line of cards to bus like that. did you use the pc connection way of doing it or where did you learn to clock out like that?

It's actually in my bios, it alows me to up to bus speed as much as I want. I think it didnt boot up becuase I didnt have my vcore up far enough to boot it at that speed.

EDIT:

Before:

After:

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
KingFikiElectra said:
w00tles. Thats one fast comp. My new laptop is 3 gig. I <3 it. Infact im typing on her right now.
I wonder why you would ever do that fiki....I mena typing on a computer is,well it's unheard of...

·
Registered
873 Posts
[^_^x] said:
i think God doesnt care about computer. Why would he care about something that allows me instant access to **** and allows me to steal any program or media?
Stealing progs and viewing p**n makes baby Jesus cry.

Congrats on the computer man. Do the lights dim when you turn it on? :)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
nice oc jim. my ram is too crappy to handle that or i could do that... i've had the same thing happen a couple of times. one time it was bc i tried to change somethin in bios(don't recall waht) and it didn't like it. normally if i oc mine too much it just automaticly reboots during the post and resets to the stock specks.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just running on stock HS/Fan, and I have it running 32* C idle, and about 50 to 55 depending on if I play Doom 3, on full load.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts