Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just remember an increddibly amazing game I used to play back in the early/mid 90's. I dont' expect any of you younger guys to know about it because you were babies back then, but if any of you remember this game I will love you looooooooong time.

Here's what I remember of it:
It's a space/universe based game that's all in real time. I remember being able to warp to different galaxies after a certian amount of time, and I very distinctly remember heat seeking missiles that lok like red darts, traveled slowly and made a distinct whooshing sound. You would encounter different species in different ships and there was one guy in particular that you met who you could fight or run away from. If you fought him and hit hima few times, you'd be able to meet up with him later in the game and he was al bloody and pissed off.

It seems to me that the game centered around going into warp drive and finding new planets/etc. I cant' really remember the plot, but the game was huge because I never beat it.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I FOUDN IT I FOUND IT I FOUND IT I FOUDNIT!!!!

SOLAR WINDS *****ES!!!
http://www.xtcabandonware.com/

all this makes me wanna play some Commander Keen( I asked for a pogo stick for Christmas cuz of that game)
and Jill of the Jungle, and..and...The spacequest games,man I'm so excited right now. I may break out the orgional Decent, I found that was downloadable as well.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
damn. i actually remember that game. and i was a wee lad back then too. I know for a fact that my granpa had it and played it, lol he got me into computers/computer gaming. my grandpa, of all people.

Edit: I also remember staying up countless weekend nights playing Wolfenstein, lol love that game.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
My favorite DOS games were Commander Keen, Lemmings (both 1 and 2), Rebel Assault and the first version of Command and Conquer.

Too bad they don't work on my XP comp. I might have to dust off my old Gateway 486 to play it. Running over flamethrower Nod guys with a mammoth tank was wonderful, especially when they made that squishy sound.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Oh my gosh Chex Quest was freakin gay, but I'll admit for being a free game you got in a cereal box it was better than half the crap you actually paid $ for at the store.

LOL I can talk because I played it. Back when I was young and dumb.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
The Oregon Trail, Castle Wolfenstein, and Doom95 were my favorites. I'll still play Wolfenstein and Doom every once in a while. I remember trying to play either Doom or Doom II over a 28k modem.:rofl While not really a game, I also had a lot of fun with Logo Turtle. It was like a really expensive Etch-a-Sketch.:D

It amazes me how kids of my brothers generation will probably never use a true floppy disk.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
The oldest game I remember playing was this Mickie Mouse matching game at my grandparents. We didn't have a computer when I was a wee lad >_>

1 - 20 of 34 Posts