Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at my local field, a guy came up with a duffel bag full of stuff. It included a matrix led,14" barrel (iforget what kind) torpedo reg, invision mask, 45 4500 tank redz 5.3 pack and a evo 2 for $100. Everyone around me was pissed and psyched at the same time. The field owner came over to me and was like "much better than your fenix is it? Who here is jealous? Matrix for $100 bucks HAHA"

One of the things I noticed is I need new ball detents. I don't wanna use the stock ones either cause they wear out too fast. I think i heard someone talking about a detent that works on impulses that wont wear out since its not rubber. I also heard someone talking about a bolt kit and all I need after that is some eyes put in. How much would the eyes cost to have put in and where would I go for that?

Any help is appriciated. I',m still in shock cuz I can get my money back by selling my fenix =]

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why would someone do that, pretty nuts... I would at least try to sell it for a little bit more than that...
Shocktech probably makes delrin ball detents, and you would want an Evolve Bolt Kit if anything.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Hmm.. a guy come up with a duffle bag of stuff... almost like saying "A guy showed me all this stuff in the trunk of his car." Smells boosted to me. Why would anyone be selling a ton of stuff for next to nothing?? Answer: It isn't legal for him to be in posession of it as it is swag, boosted, 'fell off a truck', he 'found it', followed him home, five finger discounted, etc.

If you bought the marker and all his other things, I would run the Serial Numbers past your local burglary cops. I would be almost willing to put money on the fact that its hotter then hell.

BTW even if you are not the one that stole the equipement, you can be cited for recieving stolen property and being party to a crime - at the least the cops just confiscate everything, at the worst, you get arrested and charged with a misdemeanor.

If its too good to be true... it usually is. There is easily $500 bucks worth of stuff in that bag, and you got it for a $100 ? The 45/45 tank alone is $200 right there. Used matrix is $250-400 depending on ups. Pack - $50 bucks. Barrel - $40.

Its hot as the sun my man. No way this can be a legitimate seller.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
like dean says i put 20 bucks down that says this stuff is hot. if you possibly found out who owned the stuff and returned it it would prolly make them happy and you would feel real good about it. so what if your down 100, the great feeling you'll get from returning some ones stuff is pricless

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes dude even though thats a good deal its too good of a deal now if he came up and was like hey $300 bucks and its yours it might be a little more practicle cause if hes selling it all for $100 he either doesn't know what he has. OR He knows exactly what he has and he needs to get rid of it because its stolen. I am so happy that I got a DM4 and my serial number is registered with every store from here to Tim-Buk-Too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep found out who owned it before that kid sold it to me. It was a employee at my local fields old shop. He said he sold it to that kid for 300 for the trix only. The kid had it for about a year and now hes quitting. He seemed really upset when he gave me the stuff but he really needed the money. The original deal was $200 for everything. The guy who owned it before me at the shop today told me to get new designs ball detents and evolve bolt and i'm set...after that a halo to take the place of my evo2.

Will you be sending me that $20 bucks in the mail?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Nice snag man. U sure got lucky, good thing the guys on here are so smart, if it had happened to me i would of never considered it being stolen, and that wouldn't of been pretty. Guess i'm just naive.

So evolve bolt kit it ($100 for that right?)
New Designz Detents (god i love those guys, they make great stuff)
halo
and do they make WAS for trixs?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
wow i cant see how that isnt a stolen gun, but if it turly isnt, then you truly are very lucky

·
Banned
804 Posts
when im in the german down town i have daydreams about walking into a random store and the owner saying, For some reason someone shipped me a paintball gun, How much do you think its worth????" and it turns out to be a timmy or a 05 speed and i say "well paintball guns go for about 100$ but this one is a real NICE and its a deluxe model so its about 200$" i buy it and walk outta the store, but then i wake up from my day dream and go into a deep depression =(

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is definatly stolen dude there is no way someone would sell that for 100 you might want to bring it to the police station or something before you get accused of stealing it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts