Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Ewww, throttle body injection. Don't get your hopes up, that car is probably putting out 190hp at the wheels. What year is the jeep? If it is older, I'd say it's a good deal. The throttle body injections never had much to brag about, they were pretty much the black sheep of the camaro family, however, you can convert over to a tuned port injection setup which is what I have relatively easy. Or, you could find a 350 TPI and drop it in in a weekend. Interior looks hella clean though, so thats nice. Engine looks a bit dirty, but you can take care of that. Just plastic wrap the battery, distributor and alternator and take simple green and a hose to it...voila! Fun car to drive too, you'd like it.

Jesus Christ, I just saw the dent. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE CARS AND HAVING THE SAME DENT IN THE SAME SPOT!??!?! Mine has a dent right there, same size...two friends of mine have dents in that spot, same size, another camaro in this area has a dent there, same size, ALOT of Camaros I have seen online have dents on the driver's side fender just like that...sorry its just annoying the crap out of me.

Anyhow, now that my rant is over, give us the specs on your Jeep and we'll be able to give you a better idea.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1990 Jeep Cherokee
Laredo Edition, 4 Door
Chrome Trim
Inline 6 Cylinder Motor
4 Wheel Drive
All-Terrain Tires
Roofrack
Towing Package
Premium Stereo
Infiniti Gold Headunit

194,000 miles =/

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the guy is driving it over tomorrow and hopefully we'll make a deal. He wants me to add 450 after seeing the pics.

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
looks like a sweet deal. and TBI is not the prob MoP; bashing my tbi man! ... 305's just don't make any real power stock. anyway 1337, do you want the camaro for performance or looks or what?? I remember my brothers 92 RS, 305 tbi, f'ing suburbans with 350's could hang with him lol.
edit - i just noticed its an 84? so its carb'ed 4bbl, :p either a Lg4 or L69 ... 150hp or 190hp with the HO.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol yeah.

Well I really like Camaros and I figured might as well since I'll be getting it for almost nothing.

I eventually want to make it faster but for now it's probably fine. I'm going to love the T-Tops during the summer though. I turn 16 on May 1st, so just in time. :D

He said the T-Tops leak a little when it rains, and they leak a lot during a car wash.

I'll have to pick up new seals, which is like 50 bucks.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup.. Later down the road I might just convert it to Fuel Injection. Depending on the price really. I'd like to have some more horsies and better gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it's pretty crazy how reliable mines been.

Oh and the guy never showed up.. :(

And because my dad has to go back to Detroit on monday and the dude with the car will be busy this weekend, looks like I won't get it because my demands to see it before I make a deal.

I be pissed..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts