Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I cant belive X-mas is just sneaking up on me like this. Man, I rember when I was like 7 and as soon as it was december you would just wait for X-mas in anticaption. I woke up this morning, grabbed my coffee, sat down at the table, talked to my mom and she was like,

"Tommorows X-mas so were going to aunt Ellen's"
"What?!" Was my response
"Look I know you guys hate going there but-"
"No, i mean tommorow is christmas?!"
"....You didnt know that?"

Its just unbelivable that all of a sudden X-mas can sneek up on you like that once you get older. Im happy though because i know what im getting every year now instead of waiting for Santa and seeing what he got me :rolleyes:.

Yea, so tommorow im getting 2 rifles and a revolver (pellet guns), A pellet trap, and Hynotize (The new system album). Seriously though, did this happen to anyone else? The holidays just came out of nowhere? What ever happened to the joy of the holidays? You get older and you realize that the holidays turned into big money for companys. Its actully quite sad to see whats happened to the joy we use to have.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey Shocker, don't get offended by the X. Check it out.
The idea of using ‘X’ in place of Christ is not a modern idea. In the Modern Roman Alphabet, the first letter of the word ‘Christ’ is ‘chi’ which is represented by a symbol similar to the letter ‘X’.
http://www.classbrain.com/artholiday/publish/Xmas.shtml
Basically, X means Christ. So saying X-mas is not taking Christ out of it.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
I can't believe you post so much.

I can't wait till x-mas. I'm sellin my trix for like 300 if someone buys it. 400$ from one grandmaw, 150 from other grandmaw, and like...150 from my dad. A 400 dollar bass from my mom and other random gifts, so that means i'll have about 1000 somethin dollars to fundle with. :)

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
ehh holidays haven't been the same in years... when my grandfather was still alive, my family was close and we talks all the time. ever since he died, no one in my family talks to each other. we used to have a HUGE thanksgiving dinner, now my dad refuses to go to my aunt's house. and every year we used to do this 50+ year old tradition my grandmother started before she died. someone in the temple once told her she's not a good jew, so she got pissed off because she doesn't like being told about her religion. so what did she do? bought a christmas tree, hannukah oranments, and on hannukah opened presents. so after she died, my aunt took the tradition and we went there to open presents. i remember the last year we did it, damn that was years ago.. i remember getting MORTAL KOMBAT 3 for super nintendo.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cockerkid63 said:
Holy ****in ****. If i had a dollar for everytime you said that along with everyone else i would be ****in rich. Do me a favor, dont say it anymore I GET THE POINT.

Anyway, I cant get over whats happening to the holidays. Like the whole "Merry Christmas" issue and how people arent allowed to put it on signs. Its ridcoulus. And then people say it gets them buisness, useing the spirit of X-mas for buisness. Its just wrong. Not saying i wouldnt do that because money has become extremly crucial now days. Its just terrible to see people at eachothers throats for saying merry christmas. Holidays have turned into a load of bull**** if you ask me. Now its all about the money.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
wow christmas eve...kinda blows though because we opened a present early and it was battlefield 2 (which i knew i had got) and they said that is basically my best present (dammit) but theyre buying me a car stereo on the first so ok

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Cockerkid63 said:

I can't wait till x-mas. I'm sellin my trix for like 300 if someone buys it. 400$ from one grandmaw, 150 from other grandmaw, and like...150 from my dad. A 400 dollar bass from my mom and other random gifts, so that means i'll have about 1000 somethin dollars to fundle with. :)
What kind of Bass are you getting?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts