Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it when songs start good and have great instrumental parts in them...but then the vocals drive you nuts. Yeah, that's all. Song that made me think about this - Death Angel "Devil's Metal". It's not the worst vocals ever, but I don't really like them. The only band I've ever really liked with that vocal style is Iron Maiden.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The whole high singing thing I never got into, and it's too bad. The 80's had a lot of it, so I only like some 80's metal. I'm actually pretty picky with the vocals I like.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But the voice fits it in Primus, at least I think. The music is goofy, so the singing is too.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i dislike blink 182.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Too many Van Halen songs are like that... like "Unchained"... but not in the same way. It pisses me off when the Lyrics and Rifts are badass... then David Lee Roth comes on and starts talking like an idiot...

"Tell us how you doooooooooo...... One break comminngggg up!!!" That part of the song KILLS it for me.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
Yah i think Primus would be the prime example. Here you have IMO one of the best rock bassists EVER, a guitarists who is also very creative, and a jammin drum beat, but you got this white trash awful singer that sings about pork and his name being mud. It just depresses me that the band could've been legendary had they even had a crappy singer, cause that singer was beyond crappy. I mean they could have just a mediocre singer even, and they'd be awesome. I always thought on some of the more trippy songs they made chino would've made a nice vocalist for them. But whatev.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
One band that has an awesome band sans singer is Lamb of God. the singer is horrible at screaming/whateverucallit, just sounds really fake and lame. the riffs on the other hand, hell yeah they rock.

a band with a really good singer is Killswitch Engage. that guy can scream and sing, and the riffs are badass as well.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zpyro said:
One band that has an awesome band sans singer is Lamb of God. the singer is horrible at screaming/whateverucallit, just sounds really fake and lame
Absolutely wrong. I love Randy Blythe.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
TrueLife said:
killswitch is a horrible band.
hardly

TonyD246 said:
Absolutely wrong. I love Randy Blythe.
no, looks right to me ;) you can love em all you want, I just don't like his screaming, sounds like he's trying too hard or something

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't get it I guess. I know you don't have to like it, but I don't understand why it sounds "fake."

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
I've also thought of something corporate this way sometimes too. Awsome guitarist and the piano is awesome, but the lyrics are quite gay and the singer is too girly sounding.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts