Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Michael
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an original plan to get an all new gun (meaning marker, tank, hopper), but that will cost me about $900. My setup I was planning to buy was an Etek 3 LT ($535.84), Dye Rotor Loader ($173.15), tank I am still getting, and a couple of upgrades. Then I figured I would just get several upgrades for my Ion. I am trying to get/build a tournament grade marer to use in tournaments. For my Ion I am getting a blackheart board, a Tech T L7 bolt, a body kit, and CP pro barrel, asa, regulator, trigger, and a feedneck. Now I don't know what I want. I'd love to get the Etek, but now I don't know. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
get the etek forget the upgrades on the ion for now but keep it as a backup. and if you are going to upgrade the ion, throw the reg out, the SP reg is actually a good reg but people dont break it in for long enough before saying its bad, if you have had 5 cases through it id stick with it

etek3 is high end, ion is mid range and personally i wouldnt go to a tourny with a non-BOB ion, if you need to work on the ion inbetween games your up a creek with how hard that thing is to take apart

·
Michael
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to up the etek the only thing I'd put into it is a Zick 2 kit and a cure 3 bolt with which it does not come with. I am still thinking about it but that is a lot of money. I also need to get myself all new gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts