Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm intercontinental when I eat french toast :D

No, it's cause I birdied a hole at golf today.

But, on the other hand, I broke my driver. I teed off, and the head went with the ball. It wasn't like I did anything wrong, either. It was a perfect swing.

So, to any golfers, has this ever happened to you?

By the way, i shot a 91 on a par 71... thats pretty awesome.

My handicap is probably around 25. What is yours?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
If you ever want a fun time, just goof off when golfing. I swear, it's one of the best times ever.

I went to a Putt Putt (mini-golf) place with a group of friends. Well, they all wanted to play seriously except for a friend of mine and I. We hung back and waited until they were a hole or to ahead, and then started.

I lost a total of 10 balls. I got 18 strokes on one hole. I hit 3 people - my friend in the shin, my friend Danielle in the calf, and me in the neck. Yes, I hit myself with my own golf ball (totally wailed on it, bounced off a cave wall, hit me in the neck).

My friend & I went into the waterfall area to get our balls back a few times. My friend also took a piss in this bush right by a hole. Man, that was some good times...

Best part was I got to play for free. The hot chick who was at the counter was on the phone by the time I got to the counter (6 or so of my friends had just paid), so she just let me take a club & ball for free.

-Jin

·
Registered
967 Posts
i'm usually lower 80's

I live on a golf course.

But yes that has happened to me, I was at the driving range, and the shaft just snapped in half, sending the ball and head of the club flying.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i bought a driver and some old china plates at a thrift store. so much fun just wailing the **** out of a plate and watching it fly into little pieces

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I work at a golf course but I suck. I play like 2 times a year even though I can go whenever I want for free. I think i normally shoot around 100.

D

·
0 Posts
me and a friend busted a driver.. mind you we were hitting stones at **** in a park...

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2ffu said:
i bought a driver and some old china plates at a thrift store. so much fun just wailing the **** out of a plate and watching it fly into little pieces

I rememeber that thread. You were very proud of yourself.

Jinjiro said:
If you ever want a fun time, just goof off when golfing. I swear, it's one of the best times ever.

Yea, but thats putt-putt... it aint the same with real golf.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
when im practiced i hit mid 80's...out of practice anywhere from 90-100....i havent personally had a driver break but this big asian guy i played with he swings like hes going for the fences and on one of his downswings his callaway 3 wood head came off and hit the pavement and went about 80 feet backwards...luckily no one was injured.....umm, this stupid kid i know (although hes really good for his age, a freshman) threw his driver in front of my friend while he was swinging and my friend kept swinging and broke the kids $300 driver...told his dad he hit a tree o.0

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
I usually shoot 84 on a par 72 course. Idk I'm alright. I have a shot at varsity if i shoot a good round.

·
Banned
249 Posts
I work at Raspberry Falls Golf Club, and play about once a month (just started playing about 4 months ago). I shoot in the upper 90's right now, gonna try and break 90 before summer is over. Sadly I've never birdied a hole yet.

What kind of clubs do you guys have?

I use a set of Taylor Made RACs with a Cleveland Launcher 460 Comp Driver and Callaway Heavenwoods. And a Scotty Cameron putter.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I just got back from a golf mini vacation. 36 holes a day for 3 days. I played really well..i had like 10-11 birdies and only a few doubles. On the 9th hole on the first day (we started on 10 that round) my friend said he didnt think i could hit my PW 150 so i decided to bomb it blasted it like 170-172. He then said he'd give $1000 if i made the 65 footer and i sunk it. I have yet to see that money.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I am probably the worst golfer ever,love it,but I suck at it. I have clubs from the 70's,and a universal putter. I put better with my left hand though(I'm right handed).

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
KrazyKracker said:
with a Cleveland Launcher 460 Comp Driver

launchers are the sickest drivers. my friend used to let me borrow his and i would bomb them farther than i ever had, probably like 280-290 on a good one....except his wasnt a 460 i think it was a 360 or 400. not sure. super nice tho

1 - 20 of 27 Posts