Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the advantage of havin firefox or some other broser over ie6?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Tabbed browsing...other than that not really sure. I never felt comfortable using IE when it is kind of integrated into the whole system...

·
Registered
830 Posts
yeah and its faster, and doesnt crash like ie does

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
tab browsing is great, but theres also the millions of plugins you can download. i have one that has a little music toolbar on the bottom. that way if im listening to something on winamp or wmp or something, i can press skip through songs, mute the volume, open albums right on my firefox browser. i also have a pretty useless plugin that turns highlighted text into 1337 speak. for instance, heres a yahoo news paragraph.

|\|3w Y0rk3r5 57ru66|3d 70 w0rk 0n f007, 8y 81k3 4nd 1n (4r5 5h4r3d w17h 57r4n63r5 4f73r 7r4n517 w4|k3d 0ff 7h3 j08 ju57 f1v3 d4y5 83f0r3 (hr157m45 1n 4 570pp463 7h47 (17y 0ff1(14|5 w4rn3d (0u|d (057 |\|3w Y0rk $1.6 81||10n 1f 17 |4575 4 w33k.

oh and firefox IS faster with the tweaks and also takes up less memory

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
thx.

ehh i was gonna double post but nyy doesnt seem to be in a great mood :p even if it doesnt count for posts haha....well i got it running and gotta say...like it a lot..like the tab idea instead of it being on the bottom and cluttering...now i can be on my myspace and here whenever i want at the same time. haha :tup

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Firefox is also less common then IE so there are less exploits for viruses and such. So it's safer by nature

Kind of like using a Mac online

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Can anyone actually give me an article, pictures, or actual information proving firefox is faster?

IE has always been faster for me. In ff I average around 2-2.5 seconds loading pages (faster fox's loading timer).

Ie just browsing through the same sites as I would would ff has been faster for me. And yes I've done that editing crap for ff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
firefox > ie, enough said, ie just play sucks, screw microsoft, all microsoft does is try to infect your computer with anything that they can.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Badinflewinse said:
Can anyone actually give me an article, pictures, or actual information proving firefox is faster?

IE has always been faster for me. In ff I average around 2-2.5 seconds loading pages (faster fox's loading timer).

Ie just browsing through the same sites as I would would ff has been faster for me. And yes I've done that editing crap for ff.
it depends
if you have a broadband connection, firefox tends to load pages faster

1 - 20 of 38 Posts