Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodbye pizza, hello sandwiches!

Papa johns has been pretty good to me till about a month ago. We got a new GM and i seem to have lost all seniority i worked to get for 5 years. This week a brand new driver got my hours, and i was scheduled for 19 hours. I roll with the punches though, and drive my happy ass over to Jimmy Johns after work tonight and now I have a new job! It's delivering in the same area, so there's not much i have to learn besides their super easy touch-screen system. (papa johns is using a Linux based system form like 2001 or something; it's horrible)

I'm also on the hunt for a real job as well because I got my certificate for an Industrial Electrician. I just got it a few days ago and I'm still working on talking with my school to see how they can help me find something. Basically, I have no idea where or my new real job may be, but 19 hours a week isn't going to cut it until then.

·
Law
622 Posts
Good for you man, have you tried calling local electric companies? You could do house calls or whatever, would be cool. Maybe nice tips?

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post, so I thought I'd try to be helpful rather than ask a question that's already been repeated a hundred times.

Have you thought about trying to get in with oilfield/natural gas companies? You may have to move, but everywhere around me (West Texas), Louisiana, and several other places are hiring for various positions, including electricians. If you have the slightest bit of experience/education, I think it would be something beneficial to look into. And you would make a heckuva lot more than ff jobs.

If you do get something along those lines, save as much as you can, because the tide is high right now, but the bottom can drop out overnight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts