Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The worst part was that they needed 3 cops to pull me over to tell me my tag frame was illegal...wtf.

Here's a pic just to prove it wasn't covering anything.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
maybe its b/c u dont have a true plate yet. I know most ppl put that thing on the windshild, which i now am thinking is where u are told to put it. But anyways, the cops should be doing more important stuff.

Hahahaha, 3 cops.

·
Registered
833 Posts
lbreevesii said:
cops are so gay...
I resent that comment.... hope to god someday you need a cop and this comment comes back to haunt you.

Most states are making the frames illegal now because they cant just make on style illegal. Some statse have plates that a frame will cover the tabs, Expiration date of the plates or any other important information.\

But in all honesty i am surprised they stopped you before you even had plates on.

Nice car by the way.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
lbreevesii said:
cops are so gay...
Like mentioned before, you may end up resenting that some day. I got pulled over one nite for goin a little too fast,it was stupid, I was in a hurry, but he pulled me over for going 76 in a 55. My idiot passeger wasn't 18 and he had smokes with him, plus the officer thought I didn't have my seatbelt on. Well, since I was being soo "cooperative" with him and didn't show an attitute plus admitted I was in the wrong, he let me go with a verbal warning. Seatbelt-$25, minor in possesion of tobacco-$92, speeding, $102. So I walked away without a ticket and a $219 ticket that I didn't have to pay. I was suprised, but the officer said he had pulled some kids over earlier that were pretty errogant, and he said since I wasn't like them, he let me go. I got really lucky that day, that cop coulda nailed me for a lotta crap, but he was pretty cool about it and let me go.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
SWATORNOT said:
I resent that comment.... hope to god someday you need a cop and this comment comes back to haunt you.

Most states are making the frames illegal now because they cant just make on style illegal. Some statse have plates that a frame will cover the tabs, Expiration date of the plates or any other important information.\

But in all honesty i am surprised they stopped you before you even had plates on.

Nice car by the way.
I can understand where the cops are coming from though, I mean it just makes their job easier. What pisses me off is that they still sell frames in stores and dont tell you that they may be illegal. A friend of mine got pulled over for the same thing too.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
cops are like us mods, sometimes certain things are borderline whether we punish you or not, and it depends on the cop, and if hes pissed off or happy that day

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
yeah, which just makes it gayer. I'd hate to get punished for a borderline thing b/c some guy i'll never see again didn't get up in time for work and is all mad.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
NYY said:
cops are like us mods, sometimes certain things are borderline whether we punish you or not, and it depends on the cop, and if hes pissed off or happy that day
its called discretion, which means it's totally up to the cop. just friday I got pulled over cuz my car registration was expired on the 2nd, but i told the cop that I thought it expired at the end of the month (since the tags say DEC and not DEC 2), and I haven't had the money, so I hadn't sent it in yet. he let me go with a warning, and I'll send off the registration tomorrow. yayz

bobide said:
yeah, which just makes it gayer. I'd hate to get punished for a borderline thing b/c some guy i'll never see again didn't get up in time for work and is all mad.
you get punished by breaking the law, regardless of whether you know it's against the law or not. ignorance is no excuse. but anyways, it's probably just a fixit-ticket, which means you get whatever it is fixed, get an officer to sign the ticket saying that it's fixed, and send it in with like 10 or 25 bucks or something. nothing goes on your record, it's just an infraction.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
slimjim said:
get this: Having a license plate frame. WTF? They said it was illegal and I needed to remove it immediately. ;0
Although that's the excuse the officer used so he could legitimately pull you over, the license plate frame isn't what he was really looking for. The officer had some other suspicion that was strong enough to catch his attention, but not enough to consider "probable cause". Maybe he thought you had been drinking, using/carrying drugs (based on the appearance of the vehicle and driver, it's profiling, but a case would never hold up if he found something), or perhaps someone with a warrant out for their arrest drives a similar vehicle. Whatever it was, the officer wanted to investigate a little more and you're license plate frame gave him a reason to.

Since you said three cops (three officers or three cars?), I'm inclined to believe he either thought you were wanted and potentially dangerous or suspected drug possession. In either of those cases, there will almost always be multiple officers.

A lot of people don't realize that at least half of the BS pull-overs (speeding a VERY small amount, improper lane change at 2 am when nobody is around, etc) that happen are only excuses for the officer to get a closer look at you and your car. If you ever get pulled over for say, SLIGHT speeding (7 or 8 mph over) and you notice the officer asking an abnormal amount of questions (beyond "Do you know how fast you were going" and "Where are you going"), he's probably checking you out for something else. 9 times out of 10, if they don't find anything else, they'll only give you the ticket for the "reason" they pulled you over if you have an attitude.

·
Banned
920 Posts
wow. im speechless. did you know cops are going to reduce the yellow light timing so they can give out more tickets so they can get more money? All thats going to do is cause people 2 die and reach havoc.. shame

·
Banned
920 Posts
allstarunited said:
Although that's the excuse the officer used so he could legitimately pull you over, the license plate frame isn't what he was really looking for. The officer had some other suspicion that was strong enough to catch his attention, but not enough to consider "probable cause". Maybe he thought you had been drinking, using/carrying drugs (based on the appearance of the vehicle and driver, it's profiling, but a case would never hold up if he found something), or perhaps someone with a warrant out for their arrest drives a similar vehicle. Whatever it was, the officer wanted to investigate a little more and you're license plate frame gave him a reason to.

Since you said three cops (three officers or three cars?), I'm inclined to believe he either thought you were wanted and potentially dangerous or suspected drug possession. In either of those cases, there will almost always be multiple officers.

A lot of people don't realize that at least half of the BS pull-overs (speeding a VERY small amount, improper lane change at 2 am when nobody is around, etc) that happen are only excuses for the officer to get a closer look at you and your car. If you ever get pulled over for say, SLIGHT speeding (7 or 8 mph over) and you notice the officer asking an abnormal amount of questions (beyond "Do you know how fast you were going" and "Where are you going"), he's probably checking you out for something else. 9 times out of 10, if they don't find anything else, they'll only give you the ticket for the "reason" they pulled you over if you have an attitude.
true that :smokin

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
SuperManD1v3 said:
wow. im speechless. did you know cops are going to reduce the yellow light timing so they can give out more tickets so they can get more money? All thats going to do is cause people 2 die and reach havoc.. shame
I doubt cops have the power to mess with street lights, but even if they could, it's to stop all the dumbasses who floor it at a yellow to make it through because they're too damn impatient to wait 2 minutes for the green. those are the retards who need their cars taken away

1 - 18 of 18 Posts