Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea, the title explains it all, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

Well, 2 weeks ago I got some straight pipes put on my truck, and while I was there when we were listening to them and checking for any leaks in the pipes, I heard a rattling noise and asked the guy if he could check it out. Turns out some bearing is going out and I am going to need a new water pump soon. He said about 200-250 for the bearing and water pump...alright, that I can do...after the next paycheck.

Got my paycheck but haven't had time to get in to replace it or anything...I have 350 left out of a $430 paycheck...but now I know I am going to have to get in there and replace it really soon, not because my water pump is close to going out...but because I got a flat tire...yay! I get to spend more money on repairs!

Last night when I was driving home I must have gone over something that punctured my tire. Luckily I didn't have a blow out or anything like that...it wasn't even flat when I got home, so I didn't think I hit anything at the time. This morning I go outside to go to work, and see my truck sitting at an angle. Look at the back tire and see it completely deflated...really pissed me off. I called one of my friends that works with me and he gives me a ride and everything...just plan on getting home after work and getting the spare on there quick because I had plans for tonight....

Well, I get home and right away get to work. Before I lift it up I loosened the lugs on the wheel some so I wouldn't have to fight with it when it's up on the jack...stupid things were on there TIGHT. Took me about half an hour to get those stupid ****ers loosened. On top of that, the damn straight pipes were in the way of the spare tire, so I had to fight with that for a good hour and a half just to get the ****ing thing out. After that it was pretty easy. I was looking at my tire and saw a piece of red fiberglass-ish material stuck in it...about an inch long. Should be a quick patch job at the shop I go to, but will still need to invest in all new tires before winter rolls around because there isn't too much tread left on the ones on there right now.

So yea...today ****ing sucked. Work was terrible because the supervisors were rushing the hell out of everbody...made me want to stab somebody. After that was done I got a big ass metal splinter under a finger nail...spent a good half hour digging that ****er out...hurt like hell.

TL;DR - got a flat on my truck, couldn't fix it before work...work sucked major ass, came home to change the tire...that sucked major ass too

So how was everybody elses day?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I had a blow out on a gravel road about a month ago in my moms van. Huge gash. Glad I was only going like 30mph bc that could've been a mess.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1337 said:
Welcome to the world of owning a motor vechicle.
Haha...true...but still sucks.

Torch - Yea...I'm going to when I get my tire fixed or get a new one...I didn't know my pipes were going to be in the way until I tried getting to it. It's definitaly going in the bed from now on though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts