Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously do.

I have no idea when to use a comma or semi-colon. And I apparently have a problem with writing complete sentences.

I'm not sure how you group other sentences, I often just comma splice. Like that.

I have English this semester and my teacher's been butchering my work. I get top marks in the creative sections on rubrics and all that stuff, but get failing marks in the structure section. So I end up with not so grand marks.

But my Challenge and Change in Society teacher doesnt' care about grammar, as long as he can understand it. I end up getting 100% on my essays in that class.

eat me grammar.

I mean, if people can understand it, then whats the problem if i have incomplete sentences.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
same boat. grammar is gay. its funny to look at those 6th grade tests from 1886 and crap and not be able to do one question.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i am a really good writer
and i write poems (im not gay, but when u give your g/f or w.e. a poem and they have never gotten a poem, or none of their friends have either, things work out in your favor)

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
i have a d in language arts because weve been doing grammar for the past 5 weeks ive been sleeping 3-5 days each week and i dont know how i have a d........

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
D_Smalls said:
I hate grammar; I seriously do.

I have no idea when to use a comma or semi-colon, and I apparently have a problem with writing complete sentences.

I'm not sure how you group other sentences; I often just comma splice, just like that.

I have English this semester and my teacher has been butchering my work. I get top marks in the creative sections (on rubrics and all that stuff) but I get failing marks in the structure section. There I end up with not so grand marks.

But, my "Challenge and Change in Society" teacher doesn't care about grammar; as long as he can understand it. I end up getting 100% on my essays in that class.

Eat me grammar.

I mean, if people can understand it, then whats the problem if i have incomplete sentences.
Corrected... :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
MedicDVG said:
But, my "Challenge and Change in Society" teacher doesn't care about grammar; as long as he can understand it. I end up getting 100% on my essays in that class.

incorrect use of a semi colon

there are supposed to be two complete sentances on both sides of a semi colon; your second sentance is not a complete sentance

no offence, but now you can correct your correction

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
i will stab anyone who uses the famous ralf wiggum phrase....

as for grammer, i know it pretty damn well. I ofton correct my friends when they use improper grammer just because it's funny.

but as for posting ona forum? nah, i dont go out of my way to use correct grammer, punctuation or spelling, especially in the lounge. as you can clearly see.

but I wouldnt worry about it, just use microsoft word and it can turn the worst typing into something readable

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Medic, see it makes sense to me when I read it but I can't get it at all when I write it.

And I'm sure over two years on a forum didn't help much.

Plus about a year and a half ago I started doing a lot of creative free verse poems and since then the sentence structure is pure free verse and poetic. So now that I have to write in prose for english wich I haven't had for over a year, it's really messed.

All my essays are very poetic..

bit from an essay I'm working on right now. I don't know if this is the best example, but it's the first I saw

My moral walls charged in front of me. I shouldn’t be sneaking out, it’s against the rules. I can’t be so reckless and foolish as to sneak out so late. But with the rush of the moment I leapt over the walls and watched them crash behind me. My inhibitions cracked and shattered. A spark was flying wonderfully close to the gas tanks of my enlightenment.

·
Registered
849 Posts
the only thing that pretty much ALWAYS gets me is the saw-seen thing

i CANNOT use them correctly

i am always corrected, and once in the forum here, i was corrected
other than that, meh

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
N8ive_Snoborder said:
i am a really good writer
and i write poems (im not gay, but when u give your g/f or w.e. a poem and they have never gotten a poem, or none of their friends have either, things work out in your favor)
I can still make my ex cry wit my poems. :d lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts