Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at 30rd AR-15/M16 mags for a scenario marker idea I had.. I start looking around.

Note: WE CAN NOT SHIP TO (insert other libreal states) , and Massachusetts.

wtf? So I try 10 round mags. Same deal.

I hate gun control.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Alpha said:
I was looking at 30rd AR-15/M16 mags for a scenario marker idea I had.. I start looking around.

Note: WE CAN NOT SHIP TO (insert other libreal states) , and Massachusetts.

wtf? So I try 10 round mags. Same deal.

I hate gun control.
Thank your left winged friends in the senate and house for that.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Actually if you have someone out of state purchase it for you and then mail it to you, it is considered a "straw man purchase" and an attempt to circumvent the law and since it is going over state lines, also a violation of Interstate Commerce laws. It would be a total of 3 Federal Felonies if you were to do that. Now if you drove to a N,H. gun shop and bought it then you are not risking jail time for yourself and someone else.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
ShepardD said:
Actually if you have someone out of state purchase it for you and then mail it to you, it is considered a "straw man purchase" and an attempt to circumvent the law and since it is going over state lines, also a violation of Interstate Commerce laws. It would be a total of 3 Federal Felonies if you were to do that. Now if you drove to a N,H. gun shop and bought it then you are not risking jail time for yourself and someone else.
Whenever I think of one person buying something for another person, and sending/giving it to them...i think of it as a gift.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
fenix_freak said:
Whenever I think of one person buying something for another person, and sending/giving it to them...i think of it as a gift.
Here...let me buy you a kilo of heroine and have it shipped to your house. Same concept here - it's illegal no matter how you slice it.

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
Ugh. Illinois is in the same boat for some stuff like that.

After college or military service, I'm moving out to Vermont. Good laws (or lack there of) over there.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
ShepardD said:
I guess I'll just have to add a few more zeros on my fee then... :devil:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
fenix_freak said:
Well unfortunately the law does not care how you think of it. ;)

I worked for two years for an FFL that used to do mostly out of state sales, trust me if you were to do that you could go to jail. I know someone who did for a similar purchase in Calif. I was just trying to give you friendly advice, take it for what it is worth. thumup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
PaintViper said:
gay...use a 3rd party service/pbf mod.
And break 3 Federal and 1 State law. Sure doesn't seem to be worth risking jailtime, which FYI a strawman purchased (thanks to new laws) also has a nifty little 10 year minimum sentence. :ninja:

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
ShepardD said:
And break 3 Federal and 1 State law. Sure doesn't seem to be worth risking jailtime, which FYI a strawman purchased (thanks to new laws) also has a nifty little 10 year minimum sentence. :ninja:
But see, the thing with that is, how can they prove that I didn't actually purchase it as a gift, and sent it to my friend, ignorant to the fact that it is illegal in that state?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
CoolHipJim56 said:
But see, the thing with that is, how can they prove that I didn't actually purchase it as a gift, and sent it to my friend, ignorant to the fact that it is illegal in that state?
You can plead ignorance on anything, they're not going to buy it. Say you have a knife whose length is illegal in your state, but you didn't know that. You get pulled over, he notices it, you'll get a ticket even though you're ignorant of the law. It is YOUR duty as a law-abiding citizen to know whether or not smoething is legal or not.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts