Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding home from work on semi wet ground and the guy in front of me brakes for a yellow turning red. Well I'm still pretty new to my bike so me being the crappy rider I am, locked up my back wheel almost instantly. Ended up smacking into his bumper and doing quite a bit of plastic damage to my bike. I'm pretty mad at myself about that, it will probly be somewhere around a 500 dollar screw-up.

There are two up sides though, the only damage I took was plastic. I'll need a full new front fairing and windshield, and a few other small parts like a front blinker.

and

The guy I hit was some random mexican(not to be racist) and I am presuming he didn't have insurance because he insisted that it was just fine and he didn't need my info which I offered like 5 times.

So basicly it sucks ass, but it could have been worse. Plus I learned a nice pricey lesson in riding.(Get a bike with bigger tires so they don't lock up so easy thumup: ) lol jk

·
Banned
16 Posts
what type of bick do u ride? yea i try not to ride in the rain... or mornings because the grounds still wet... yea

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A ninja 259, my learner bike. And I wasn't following THAT close, I definatly could have had a nice distance, I think my reactions to him stopping just flat out sucked and I overcompensated with my foot jabbing down.

And bigger tires=more grip=harder to lose grip=locking up...but that was just a joke

·
Registered
989 Posts
CoWcH said:
A ninja 259, my learner bike. And I wasn't following THAT close, I definatly could have had a nice distance, I think my reactions to him stopping just flat out sucked and I overcompensated with my foot jabbing down.

And bigger tires=more grip=harder to lose grip=locking up...but that was just a joke

You nailed it right there.
And bigger tires = more grip... = doesn't mater when you hit the brakes too hard. :)
Wasn't trying to bust your balls man. As long as you learned from it, that's all that matters. Show me a rider who has never crashed and I'll show you a rider with things to learn.

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I just wished I could have avoided that. I had plans to practice my braking next weekend.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
haha @ the mexican guy part..he Def doesnt have insurance...if he did he woulda been pissed..it was probably a crappy car anyways (probably a truck lol jk)

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was something like a 2000 Ford F-150, but I wasn't paying enough attention to know for sure.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
damn dude that hella blows. be more careful in the rain!

i dont even use my rear brake, except when coasting to a light and i sit up and just use my foot to brake til i come to a stop

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
This is exactly why you were smart to buy a 250 for your first bike.

Just think if you were on a GSX-R 600... You'd most likely be going faster and the damage would have been more costly. I'm sure on a Gixxer you'd be way more cautious and careful but the reaction time could have still been off.

Just curious, wouldn't have you wanted to use your front brake in that situation instead of your rear?

Ninja edit: Yeah I'm with Zpyro.. I don't even use the rear brake.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
when im ridin in the rain in traffic, i give plenty of space to brake. when/if i do start braking suddenly, i move to the space between lanes AND check my 6, just to make sure i dont get sandwiched by the retard drivin behind me.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Most people with bikes hardly even use their rear brakes. Always use the front. Just don't pull those in too much or you could send the bike end over end. I know on Gixxers, when you pull in the front brake to a certain point, it clicks...don't go past that.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
fenix_freak said:
Most people with bikes hardly even use their rear brakes. Always use the front. Just don't pull those in too much or you could send the bike end over end. I know on Gixxers, when you pull in the front brake to a certain point, it clicks...don't go past that.
Yeah I had no idea how sensitive the brake would be when I first rode one. I pulled it past the click and the bike jerked and I felt like I was going to fly forward.

Do the 250 ninjas have disc or drum brakes?

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Yeah I had no idea how sensitive the brake would be when I first rode one. I pulled it past the click and the bike jerked and I felt like I was going to fly forward.

Do the 250 ninjas have disc or drum brakes?
Yup, same here...scared the **** out of me.

The 250 ninjas have disc brakes...I'm pretty sure all of Kawasakis sport bikes have disc brakes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts