Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god damn i hate steam!!!! i tried to download it today because all the 1.5 servers are disapearing. so i download it and try to install it and have to delete all my southpark eppisodes to install the game. ok that is my falt for only having a 20 gb hard drive. then i have to select "my games" and "my custom maps". so I have to delete Lemming revolution which is a sick game and i was close to beating it. but for cs it is worth it right. At this point I am reallllllly frustrated. then I have to validate my CD key. ok no problem I bought my Half life fair and square and at least i dont have to clear another 270 mb of hard drive space. Well what do you know my cd key won't work. it is being used. WTF :yikes at this point Im am steaming (pun) out of the ears. so i go to trouble shooting thinking i will email them and get it reset. wrong i have to ship my cd case to them! :mad: not only will it cost me like 5 bucks to ship it, it will take like 2 weeks. (sorry admins) **** THAT!!!! I don't even know where my cd case is. GOD DAMNIT. I paid 30 dollars for half life and it is not my falt someone stole my cd key. **** VALVE AND **** SIERRA. I want free rush shipping paid for by them. and the worst part is i have no leverage because i already paid my money to buy the game. they don't care if im happy or satisfied. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hear ya man. I only got to use use steam because i bought cz a month ago. I hate steam to, but that is only because i have an old slow computer that can BARELY handle cs, let alone steam. Cant wait till i get my new comp.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
did you EVER download steam? because if you made an account, even if it was like 5 months ago, you still have to use that email address to log in. ive been playing on steam since it was in the beta and ive had to use the same email. most people playing 1.5 try using steam and they forget they made an account already so they forget the password, and/or username and they cant use steam.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
None of you can adapt can you?

Is it really that hard to get used to a new system? Sure, I *****ed and moaned when Steam first came out and they tok WON away from me, but I adapted didn't I? So did all the pro players. So did all the noobs. Everyone smart adapted. Seems almost like social darwinism to me, wherein anyone who cannot move on dies off.

The verdict? DEAL WITH IT.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
steam is alot more user-friendly than WON will ever be. why do people prefer WON? it always has errors, you can barely sort anything, it takes a billion years to refresh, and a millioin gillion to update the server lists. theres no buddy-list support. and most of all, you cant access every game by just simply logging in. steam just has alot of users now that CS became more popular. when steam was in beta, it was the best. there weren't so many people on it. thats not a bad thing, im just saying that there were less errors. you can count that they WILL fix steam so it works for everyone. they are just trying to finish up HL2 which they, and the fans, want on shelves already.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
If they made it so you didn't have to run the damn thing everytime to play it might be fine. Trying to do anything over the lan is a bia with steam. Could we at least agree on that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts