Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a gun and everything but I only have $250. Can someone help me? I realy need help to decide what all I want to get.(At least a hopper, gun and tank) :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
i'd looking into a Tippmann 98 custom, i know a good shop in kenmore that might actually have a deal on some used ones, but thats kinda of a drive from Sammamish...

also what kind of paintball are you looking to play?

·
Registered
900 Posts
no definetly go spyder... when i first played which was four years ago.. i used a tippy and they broke and are really inaccurate even with the flatline... i had a spyder tl plus and worked like a charm... ive also used the xtra and e99 and are pretty good for below 250.... i now have a raven nexion and it is made by kingman and i would play with it forever and ever but im going into tourneys with my team and i need a tourney level but for 250 thats really good

·
Registered
900 Posts
might get a tsa but i outshoot it along with the nexions board and get any tank preferbly bigger than a 12 oz with antisiphon..

·
Registered
900 Posts
tippys break to often and are very unaccurate

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go spyder like they said^.

·
Registered
900 Posts
yeah... and spyders are much more customizable than tippys as well

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I was thinking about the spyder E-99 Avant, the spyder Imagine but I wasnt shure if it would work for woodsball (specially in the snow). bell rang gtg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:eek: what the heck are these guys talkin about that tippys are inaccurate and break often? Tippmann's are like tanks. Either way you have to take into account what type of games you'll play, speedball vs. woodsball.

spyders are a good beginner marker but to say they are more upgradeable isn't quite right. tippys have tons of upgrades tooo.
I'd probably go with tippmann mainly for their customer service and good quality products.

·
Registered
900 Posts
my friends have tippys and they can shoot far but are inaccurate... they have a little more upgrades but not as much as the spyders and kingman has great customer service and awesome parts... spyders are also good at woodsball because i had one for 2 years playing in woods ball and i got more people out than my friend with the tippy.... the spyders are good at wood and speed ball... just cant keep up with the tourney level markers...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cypher, what you gotta learn abotu paintball is there is no defined "best gun" for each price.

People have listed the top choices.
Spyder
Tippmann

Now go look at some in your pricerange, and chooose based on your own Personal Preference. If you like the looks of a spyder over a tippmann, dont by the tippmann just because one of us said to.

To put it plainly, the reason wy the arguments never end about what is better (spyder or tippmann) is because NEITHER are. Go with whatever one you find the best deal on! All that matters is that YOU like your marker.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ya you guys dont know what your talking about, i agree with the tippmann guys. Ive fixed WAY too many spiders. Tippmanns dont break easily, thats just a plain lie and you all know it... the 98 and 98c are tanks, and great for rec ball

·
Registered
204 Posts
P8ntballing Hobo - how many sites have you seen that have their rental's as spyders... I have seen a grand total of 0... 98% tippmans and 2% Inferno's

A rental gun will be the one that the ppl at the site have determand as LOW MAINTANANCE... by that, they dont break. Take a tippman, put it in the mud, pull it out and shoot... thats what they are about.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hobo joe i understand that tippys are tanks... my friend had one and hes been underwater with it and it worked fine... im not saying that tippys are bad guns... i m saying spyders can play woodsball and speedball and they work fine for each yet tippys are made for woodsball and cant do nything in speedball....

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Tippmanns are very reliable, very upgradable and ultra durable. However they are also heavy and awkwardly long for speedball. Spyders are also upgradable but are not as durable as tippys. Id say go with the spyder. I think the best bang for the buck spyder would be the imagine. Not too expensive but it offers a nice ROF for the price.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts